Thought Twenty-Five. - A Rubber Ducky Moment.

ARIEL'S P.O.V

_______________________________________________________________________________

I let the hot water soothe me, and I watch the little rubber duck float on top of the water. The effects of the alcohol slowly wearing off, I feel a little tired. Yawning, I start to sing the tune that has stuck with me ever since I saw the memory of my former self, Embrie. 

"A dark night, for a dark fellow.

He runs through life without a clue.

The stars watch over, slightly grinning.

He keeps on running, as if on cue.

As if on cue. 

Despair and sorrow, a debt to pay. 

He pays it daily, 

to his dismay. 

A girl of white, 

pure of soul. 

Will be the one, 

to complete him. 

Complete him wh-"

"You slept with him!" 

Neven bursts through the door, and I come up short with my song and stare at him in shock. I wrap my arms around myself, covering my bare chest. I feel embarrassment rise, and my cheeks flush. 

"With who?" I ask in anger. 

"Jones! He took you to earth, and you came back willingly with him! You're singing that dreadful song about him! You've slept with him, haven't you?" 

I can't believe that he would just assume something like that, especially when he hides incredibly life changing secrets from me! This is an outrage. 

"It's none of your business what I've done, or who I've done it with." I say smugly. 

"Like hell.

I grab my towel from off of the floor and stand up, he watches my every move. 

"Put your eyeballs back in their sockets!" I say as I wrap the towel around my body. "Now, as you were saying, 'like hell'.... Like hell, you have the right to know anything about me Neven! You have lied to me! You have been lying to me this whole time, and I'm not sure if I'm ever going to be able to forgive you."

I walk past him, and out of the bathroom and sit on the edge of the bed. He follows me after a minute, and sits beside me, keeping a nice distance between us. 

"So you know?" He looks up at me, worry in his eyes. 

"If you're asking me if I know about how we have to have sex, and I have to conceive a child in order to save thousands of souls, then yes. I know." 

"Do you hate me?" 

I look at him. He's so sad, so distraught. After all of this, I still find pity for him. How is this?

"I-I...I don't hate you."

"Do you love him?"

I think about this. Do I love Jones? 

He makes my stomach twist and flutter when he looks at me. He fills me with fear and joy. He can scare the crap out of me, and I can't bare seeing him in pain, even so much as I would hurt myself to keep him safe. He has put me in physical pain, but has caused me so much pleasure. When he touches me, I feel every hair stand on end. Maybe I do feel something stronger towards him, but what is it?  

No, I don't think that it's love. 

When Neven and I are together, it's like being with my best friend. I feel like I can tell him anything, and he will never be the one to judge me. When we are together intimately, we fit together. Everything seems right. We can be playful together, and we can be serious. When I had first arrived here, I didn't remember him or anything about this place. But when he told me that I was the one, and we together were to save a thousand souls... I trusted him. I may have thought that this was all a dream, but I still put my trust into him. And I still do. He has been lying to me, but only to keep me here. Because, well... I think he does love me. 

"No, I do not love Jones."  I take his hand into my lap and hold it there. I stare deeply into his purple tinted eyes. I see myself in the reflection of his pupils, and that's when I know the truth. 

"Neven, I love you." 

Neven takes a deep breath, and launches himself at me, putting us in tight embrace. He brings his lips to my ear, and whispers. 

"I love you more, Arieleymay." 

With this I completely lose it, and our lips meet. 

Our bodies melting together; like wax.

************************************************************************************************************

Neven's arm rests around my waist as he spoons me in bed. The heat that radiates off of his body and onto mine puts me into a calm rest. I look at the towel that lays crumpled on the floor, beside the bed and smile to myself. 

This is the best night ever, and I don't want to fall asleep. 

Everything that had happened replays in my mind, and I welcome it. When I fall to sleep, I don't want to forget about everything until the morning. I want to imprint it into my mind, until I am sure to dream of it. 

We had kissed until our lips were swollen, and then had travelled further onto the bed. Wrapping our bodies around each other, we lost ourselves to our cravings for each other. 

I have never felt something so good before, and together as one we were mind blowing. Even to my surprise, nothing out of the ordinary happened to stop us either. No fire alarms, no life threatening events, nothing. Just pure ecstasy. 

So what happens now though?

I will be more than happy to stay here with Neven, forever. 

And of course, Monroe. 

Maybe that's why I was never able to finish the deed with any other guy on earth or here. Neven and I are meant to be together. Not Jones and I. No one but Neven can have me. And I'm only just realizing that i'm okay with that. I want to be with him. 

I still have uncontrollable feelings towards Jones, but I guess they will go away with time. 

They will have to. 

What if I am already with - child? 

What if our first time, was the time?

I place my hand over my stomach and gently rub my thumb over it, falling into a deep, content sleep.