Thought Fifteen. - Bitter confusion with a tad of lust.

“There is lust and then there is love. They are related, but still very different things. To indulge in one requires little but honeyed speech and a change of clothes; to obtain the other, by contrast, a man must give up his rib. In return, his woman will undo the sin of Eve, and bring him back into Paradise.” 

― Anne Fortier, Juliet

_____________________________________________________________________________

A LOVE SONCAN BE HEARD IN THE DISTANCE, being chirped by birds far off in the trees of the woods. I take in my surroundings, and inhale the fresh air.

Green grass, blooming flowers, all is well. 

I smile to myself, and head into the cabin, passing Neven as I enter and walk through the main room, straight to the bathroom. Nothing could feel better then this. 

I'm happy. 

I look at myself in the mirror. 

My blond hair, slightly frizzy from the heat, my pale face, slightly swollen. My eyes glow. My smile is so genuine, and I can't wipe it off of my face. 

Just then, Neven comes up from behind me and wraps his arms gently around my stomach; smiling back at me in the mirror. I look down at where his hands delicately rest, and take notice in the tiny bump that is protruding from me. 

I run my own hand over it. 

My perfect little family. 

************************************************************************************************************

I dart my eyes open, immediately. Sweating and shivering at the same time, I slightly tilt my neck upwards and see Jones' chin. His chin is resting gently on top of my damp head. Lowering my head back down, I bury my face into his chest, releasing shaky breaths. 

How could a dream that I had been happy in, be so horrifying to wake up to?

I'm grateful to have Jones here, still cradling me. I'm not sure how I would have reacted if I was in the same room as Neven, or even alone. 

How am I going to confront him about this?

He surely can't believe that I want to have a child with him. 

Can he?

That's the reason why he hasn't told me the truth yet... he doesn't want to risk me taking off on him. What did he plan on doing though? Just telling my a day after I turn nineteen, assuming I'm still in this world, so that I would be trapped here?

For eternity?

"Are you awake, Gem?" He whispers softly to me. 

"Yeah. I'm awake." 

He looks down at me, lifting my chin so that he can see directly into my eyes. I avoid looking into his, as if that meant that he could not see me as well.

I don't want him seeing me like this. I'm a mess. 

A sweaty, tired, pathetic looking mess.

"Ariel, what's wrong?" His expression is full of concern, his eyebrows creased. 

"I-uhh-I had a bad dream." I reply, weakly.

"Oh, I see. Well, how about I get Sibbul to show you where the shower room is, and fetch you some new clothing, and then we will talk some more. Okay?"