PART 02. -A Different Breed - Vampires.

It's like every time I start to relax into our conversation, BOOM! There it is. He says yet another thing to make me believe that I am dreaming. Does he want me to think that he is bat shit cray? What's his name anyways? ...I think that I shall call him the Mad Hatter. Alice in Wonderland always was my childhood nightmare and fascination. To imagine myself as a little girl, tumbling into a dark, monstrous hole into the unknown and strange. Even now the thought sends shivers up and through my spine... but here I am.

"What are you thinking about?" 

 That's one sturdy tree. I think as I turn around and see him sitting on one of the outstretched branches.

Quickly I cover my mouth as I catch myself giggling out-loud. Mustn't give him a reason to think that I actually enjoy his bizarre company.

"Thought you could hear my thoughts..." At this he arches his one eyebrow with amusement. Because this conversation is amusing. Of all things, I am amusing him. Crap.

"I told you that I would respect your main stream of thought, and so I shall. So what gives? What are you thinking about?" He stretches out his legs on the branch, making himself appear rather comfy. He looks intensely into my eyes. 

Unfortunately for him, this just makes me less comfortable. Seeing him there, all so comfortable. After telling me that it is up to him and I to find this key and save thousands of souls from the wrath of evil and gloom.

Alice never had to deal with thousands of lost souls. What the hell. Totally not fair. 

"Can we just get on with this please? I would really just like to get to the part where we find the key and save the world and ride off into the sunset with the glittering rainbow and everything." I am trying my best to hang in here, but boy; does he ever make it difficult. 

"Glittering rainbow?" He chuckles. "Come sit. From here you can see up the willow, and you can see some of it's... wonders." 

Trying to not make eye contact with him again, I shuffle my feet towards the branch he has chosen. I grip onto it, and pull my weight up. Taking my spot on the branch I turn my head to him. He is just sitting there, legs now hanging from the branch, hands firmly placed on it. He looks upwards. I follow his glare, and look up as well. 

Hundreds of branches, enveloped in thousands of sweeping green leaves. A vibrant purple glow illuminates each leaf. Magnificent. Truly magnificent. I can feel my mouth drop open in awe. 

"Focus on one leaf, and try to see through it. Try to really concentrate, and put all of your will and thought into the one leaf you choose." He inches closer to me and points to the left of me. 

"Okay, I chooose...that one!" Damn. I've caught myself being much too cooperative. This tree... it's just so mesmerizing, it's hard to keep up with my own schemes.

"Okay, now focus on it. Tell me when you feel and see..."

"Don't worry, I've got this." Whatever this is.

He's staring at me. I can feel his eyes on me. Quietly observing. I am staring at my chosen leaf. Staring away... nothing happening. Nothing out of the ordinary. Still staring...

"FOCUS." Almost cramping my neck from shooting him a severe glare, I rub it and look back up to my leaf.

An emerald green leaf, with a few noticeable shades lighter around the center. Purple shades seem to illuminate the leaf itself. The lines and creases that lead to the center of the leaf are crisp and smooth. I can tell just by looking from here. Following one of the paths that the line makes out, it leads me to the stem. The stem of the life lines.