Exhibit A. Coming Out

Delilah decided to sit in the back seat, staring out the window in silence and occasionally she felt his eyes on her, but she proceeded to ignore him completely.

He was taking over her entire life, suffocating her with his many rules and regulations — which apparently only applied to her.

The car came to a slow halt and Delilah knew that they had reached the apartment. With force, she opened the door in eager plans to dodge straight for her room once they entered the apartment, but suddenly her eyes caught sight of Mrs.Jones being escorted out of her vehicle.

Delilah's eyes then rolled to white at the very sight of the boujee woman. She was becoming equivalent to a bad itch that kept resurfacing on the body.

" Mr. Smith– Delilah, good evening." Her cherry red lips smiled towards them. Before her attention turned specifically towards Delilah. " How's your day Delilah? "

" Great..." The not so genuine smile appeared across Delilah's face. She was still battling the effects of the smoke session she had with Raheem, and as of right now all she craved for was food.

" That's good to know... I was just stopping by to say hello. You know my son has been in high spirits ever since Saturday night, that must've been some movie. He said he's never had that much fun in his life. "

Delilah nodded as she sucked her teeth in thought of Saturday night. Throughout the past two days, she tried to think not much about it especially because of ...Him. To her, it still felt as if she lost something great, for now, her life had gone back to that black and gray instead of vibrant ombrés. 

" Yeah, we really...enjoyed ourselves."

" I've seen... anyone that makes him happy, makes me happy. I heard about the church hosting a big Easter celebration next week, is that true? I'll surely be looking forward to hear your lovely voice in the choir." She smiled Delilah's way, whose eyes then focused on her father. They eyed each other until they both spoke.

" Actually I'm –"   " Actually we were just talking about that." Mr. Smith claimed over his daughter's voice with an assuring smile.
" Trust me you're going to hear a lot of her now that she's the choir's new lead." He smiled at her causing Delilah's heart to drop at an instant for singing lead was something she yearned to do since the choir came about, but he never let her.

In the back of her mind, she knew that this was just another way to kiss Mrs. Jones's rich behind but quite frankly she didn't care. Delilah planned to take full advantage of this opportunity. And she knew just how.

So when her father dismissed her off to the apartment Delilah headed straight for the phone to call her new forbidden friend. She hoped that he was home by now as the phone rang after a while until finally, the raspy voice answered.

" Hello?"

" Heem, about that song I told you about. I have an idea, but I can't discuss it right now. Tomorrow just make sure you round up majority of the choir and bring them up to the old music room on the top floor." Was all she said, leaving him to stare at his phone in confusion once she hung up.

He brushed it off once he entered the living room to see his father, popping open another one of his beers as he hung up something on the clothes rack. Raheem's eyebrows furrowed at the sight for his father hadn't designed anything ever since they lost the family's clothing store during December.