The Bronx

Reminder

This is a MUSIC-BASED BOOK so if you want the full experience of "Limelight" then please press the video and enjoy.

Summer of
1974

The daffodil colored taxi maintained its rest position as the traffic on the two way street prevented the raging drivers from getting to their destination

Delilah had just opened her worn eyes at the sound of a loud man's horn, when she realized that they still remained in the same spot, on the long street of Downtown Bronx.

Delilah

I let out a small yawn and glanced around, pausing once realizing the warmth on my shoulder. My brother, Junior slept peacefully, his head resting on me and his snores light but still audible.

" Ma? " The tired voice of my older sister, Alyssa, spoke out of her sleep. "Ma? When are we gonna get there? We've been sitting here longer than the time it took us to get here from Dakota. " She complained, I glanced over to her with a smirk as she waited for mother's reply, Alyssa was a very impatient girl.

Junior shifted in his sleep before he mumbled. " If you were smart.. Dummy, You'd realize that she was sleep–which is exactly what I'm tryna do. " Alyssa flashed him a hard gaze.

" Shut up. " She nudged him.

" No you shut up. " He nudged her back.

" How about both of you shut up...can't sleep for five minutes without the two of you arguing. Why can't y'all be more like Honey? Quiet and calm." Our mother snapped from the passengers' seat causing them to become silent.

I just flashed them a teasing smirk at the mention of me before glaring out the window, taking in the new surroundings.

" Welcome to the Bronx... Enter At Your Own Risk! " Junior's voice escalated, reading the spray painted words under the welcome sign. " Ma? You sure it's safe here?"

Alyssa glared at him. " Chill out, You're so scaredy–"

" Scaredy? If wanting to live is considered being scary well then my last name is cat! "

" Lower your damn voice boy! You are scary." Mother butted in causing Alyssa to flash him a teasing smile. " Now, stop arguing like I said– Matter of fact just go to sleep–we'll be back moving in five minutes. " She huffed shifting in the passengers' seat.