A Different Route

The Next Day

Junior entered the quietness of his aunt's apartment to see if Damon was still on to check out the new and improved Frank's Spot.

Frank, to the neighborhood's shock, had the damages repaired in no time. So when hearing the news Junior suggested that they should go check it out.

Junior glanced around the place as he walked through. By now Junior expected his Aunt Dorthy to be out working and Damon or Devin to be watching the TV in their living room, but instead he spotted Raheem sleeping on the couch.

Not only was it silent enough to hear a needle drop but it was also dark. Junior sucked his teeth and walked down to Damon's room. He expected him to be sleep as well, but instead, he sat in the corner of his room — staring off into space.

" Hey, you still down for some Frank's? " Junior entered,  frowning slightly at his demeanor.

Damon never believed that a person could be sleepless until now. He shook his head as he stood. " I'm not feeling good today... just go with Tasha or something."

Junior tilted his head as he observed his cousin. Damon never turned down a Frank special and a milkshake, so he assumed that he must've come down with something horrible.

" Well for some reason I'm permanently in the dog house with Tasha. She said we can't talk no more."'

" Damn." Damon shook his head. " I knew she'd be running away from yo ass after that bunk ass kiss you laid on her."

" Shut up." Junior laughed. " Plus she said it wasn't because she didn't like me. Her pops told her not to speak to me again."

" Awe then you don't have shit to sweat about. Yeah it's bogue but if she really like you man she'll come around." Damon said causing Junior to smirk at his words.

He left out the apartment building and took in his surroundings with a deep breath. He finally decided not to stay confined in his room because he was hiding from his mistake. He'd live his life like he usually would with the addition of selling - but one thing for sure is that this was just temporary. Junior was saying bye to his short run with the Three Sixty as Uncle Curtis wished. He just needed to finish working for Troy, then he'd wash his hands from that lifestyle forever.

By then he visioned himself with an abundance of money saved up to benefit his future education. This summer changed him into something he wasn't, and he prayed that he wouldn't have to go down that road ever again.

The door to Frank's chimed as he entered, smiling at the improvements of the place.

There were now two new jukeboxes that could sync together to bring better sound, there was even new games added to the gaming area. Junior nodded his head as he sat down in the booth and soon Frank approached him.

" I haven't seen you around here in a while young one. Where's Raheem? He begged me for the job and no show."

"Ugh... he had a rough night I guess.I'm sure you heard about his situation."

Frank nodded. " Alright I'll give him some time but not too much. You let him know."

Junior then nodded now before he made his order and only moments later Man Killa slid in his booth directly across from him.