Arosing Conflicts

Delilah's smile faded for a split second as she watched her father storm out the door until she was distracted by Raheem's voice.

" Yo, you did it. For a minute I thought you'd chicken out on me." He teased, pulling the grinning Delilah into a proud hug.

As she squeezed him tightly in attempts to ease her racing heart, she let out a breath. " I know I know, I can't believe I did that... it's like I can barely remember how to breathe–"

" Yo, my girl is a superstar now!" Valentina rushed towards them along with Alyssa and Junior. "I didn't know you had all that bottled up in you." She nudged her, causing Delilah to give a sly smirk and shrug.

" Right, and not just that, but Bobby girl. Ain't no way he's not impressed. Did you see his face?" Alyssa added on causing the boys to eye them in confusion.

" Bobby?" Raheem and Junior mumbled together. " Crooked tooth Bobby?" Junior frowned.

" Ew no, Bobby Coleman, the big shot record label owner." Valentina clarified, causing Delilah's eyes to roam the room in search for him while the girls continued their
' What if ' rants.

Yet he was gone... there wasn't a single trace of his distinctive presence amongst the crowd.

She couldn't believe that she let him slip from her fingertips when he was just in the same building as she.

Delilah was beginning to doubt herself entirely now as she watched everything gradually return back to normal. Her five seconds of fame and her taste of the limelight seemed to vanish within a span of thirty minutes.

Bobby ain't checking for no teenage church girl like you, especially one that still has to listen to daddy's orders.

Delilah's conscience tormented her relentlessly as slowly found her way to one of the seats... feeling deflated and low now that her sudden darkness drained her recent light.

" What if he signs her or something? This could change our lives foreva." Alyssa squealed and in the midst of listening to her and Valentina go on and on, Junior suddenly had the urge to glance towards the clock.

His heart sinking immediately for he told Man Killa that he'd specifically be at Napoleon by one. Yet the time was rolling on twenty minutes after.

He placed his drink down hastily before he announced that he had to leave, but it wasn't like the three paid any mind to his words. They were still too busy being star-struck to care about anything else... they didn't even notice that Delilah had left them to drown in her dismay.

Junior sighed to himself before he exited the church completely, glancing around before he decided to just make a run down the two blocks towards Napoleon until he then heard
" You're late." from behind him. His eyes shut immediately at the sound of Man Killa's strict tone before he swung around with a sigh to see her posted against her car, picking her fro.

" Look I tried my best okay... you'll be late too if you had a family like mine." He stated earning a short glare from her.

" Yeah what ever... get in the car, and you better pray that Sincere is not in one of his moods." She mumbled before she turned the radio on causing Pusher Man to fill the car.