Ch.27

"What are you doing here?" I snapped as I moved backwards, my hands reaching behind to find something to lean against. They, on the other hand, started to surround me, careful on each step they took towards me.

"Just calm down, take it easy," that Randy guy said as he came closer to me. I backed up against a tree, frightened from what was happening.

"We had a deal,Randy," I suddenly heard Azariah's voice as he came out into the open, his bearded friend following close behind with a grin on his devilish face.

"Azar-" I stopped myself from continuing when the two guys, Adam and Kyle, stepped forward, carrying a box in their hands and a pair of keys. They handed it to Azariah's friend, a total grin of success on their faces.

"You got to be kidding me," I suddenly said, all eyes turned to look at me.

Right when Randy took hold of my wrist, I yanked his hand away and walked towards Azariah, my anger quick to act on its own.

"How dare you. How bloody dare you Azariah," spitted out as I lifted my arm and punched him in the stomach.

His friend, he placed the box down on the ground and grabbed me tightly by the arms. I slowly turned to look at him, my eyes piercing into his. I grabbed his hands, twisting them back until he kneeled and screamed.

"You, you out of all people Azariah," I said as I kicked him this time, Randy and his men stood in shock as I released Azariah's friend and made my way towards Azariah.

"Wait!" Randy yelled as he took my arms and held them behind my back.

"Mishka, Mishka who helped you, the only one who trusted you. Your his only family he ha-"

"What do you know?! You know nothing!" Azariah said as he abruptly stood, grabbing the box and the keys, his face in total anguish.

"What do I know? He cared for you, he protected you and believed you would do the right thing," I snapped back.

"You're blaming me?! Me!? It was because of you!" Azariah said as he held the box tightly against his chest.

"He told you to wait and you couldn't even do that!? You little piece of-"

"Enough, both of you!" Randy yelled as his men stepped forward.

"You two, make sure the other ones have done their job of destroying that caravan," Randy ordered to his men.

What did he say?

I pulled away from Randy, taking him by surprise, kicking him away from me and all others that tried to stop me. I stopped one last time to glare at Azariah, positive that he understood what he had just caused.

Without even thinking twice about it, I ran back towards the caravan, my heart racing, my mind worrying about the worst case scenario.

"Mishka! Mishka!" I yelled as I entered the caravan,no sign of anyone dancing or being outside. Where was everyone else who was drinking and dancing?

I rushed to our tent, stumbling on few things because of how dark it was , but I sighed in relief once I pulled the tent open and saw him.

"Hmm?" Mishka sat by the stacks of pillows, his left cheek taking the shape of the grape in his mouth. He lifted up a stem of grapes, offering me some before looking up to meet my face.

"What's wrong Aziza?" he said after swallowing the grape in his mouth. I hurried to his side, still shaking and in shock from what I thought had happened. Right when I sat down next to him, we both turned to look at each other when we heard a cracking noise coming from underneath me. I slowly looked down, gasping as he held up the object that I had just broke.