Ch.30

To the characters mentioned, refer to ch.20!
Give me your thoughts people! Vote/comment please.
It's a long chapter! That's why I took my time, sorry. But I had to.

********************************

I knew he was tensed the entire time for he would slightly glance behind to check if I was still following him. Most likely making sure I wouldn't attack.The silver armor on his back would reflect my body, the object I mostly focused on the whole entire time. It would reflect my body, but when it came to reflecting my face, it would look blurry and off. Why would I suddenly have terrible vision if I could see quite clearly?
Abruptly stopping and turning his head left and right various times, I stopped as well couple of feet away from him and waited.
Sensing what he probably was sensing but from a different direction, I turned towards it. Or rather say, "them".

"We don't have time to wait for them," I said. He turned, his face clearly showing his irritation with what I had said.

"My men are trained to endure everything...even walking. At this pace, we're already wasting time," he said, obviously referring to me.

"You should've said so then,"I said as I began to stretch, tightening the straps on my shoulders from falling off.

"I hope they have good pair of legs," I said as I  passed him in an instant. He hesitated at first but I quickly heard his long strides following soon  after. Glancing just out of curiosity, he was glaring at me with his werewolf eyes...a glowing green color...so piercing and menacing...so childish.  Never would I feel fear from him.
His men followed far behind after our trail, a few of them whom presence I've felt before but I couldn't clearly point who. Every time I turned, his gaze turned nastier and uglier and I couldn't help but laugh.
As the King, he needed me alive for clear and known reasons. He wasn't stupid enough to allow me to just roam free without keeping his eyes on me. As a person...I could see how much he wanted to jump at my neck and devour me without leaving a single trace.

We continued running, both going at top speed. There were moments where he would try to pass ahead but...silly fool. I was built for running.  Not even with four legs would he be able to pass me...no matter how interesting that gift of his was.
*********
"Stop here," he called as he stopped behind, turning his head back towards the direction we had came from.

"I thought you animals could run for a prolong time."

Narrowing his eyes he responded,
"we,animals, are still human. The entrance is not far from here, we should gather ourselves before we proceed."

"I can still continue," I argued, crossing my arms in front of me. Seeing that I wasn't agreeing with his plan, he straightened his body and clenched his jaw.

"We will rest. Do you think those things are a joke? We're about to enter their lair, doesn't that frightened you?"

"Why,should it?"

Narrowing his eyes while lowering his head, he cocked it to a side.

"Why... do you want those swords so desperately bad?" he asked almost in a cautious tone.

"We had an agreement. I don't need to give you nor anyone an explanation of my actions."

He stayed still, nodding a few seconds later.

"Know this...only I have the power of getting you in, so no matter what type of powers you may posses, you cannot get yourself in or out by yourself. That place...it's not of this world. If those beasts didn't frightened you before...this will.

"What makes you say that?"
I could tell that he wasn't lying, he was dead serious.

"You're about to walk into the gates of hell...are you sure even that won't scare you? Trust me when I say this...you'll walk out half mentally dead." He sighed before walking closer to me, then lifting his left arm up to inspect it.