Ch14.

This chapter was just full of cuteness.^^

*******

I felt an arm on top of me, holding me in place next to a slowly-breathing body. I opened my eyes, discovering David wrapped besides me. His head leaning on top of mine, his arm hugging my stomach across. His other arm acting as pillow behind my head. I lifted my hand up to his forehead, feeling his unchanged fever.

I tried to move, only to be stopped by a tighter embrace and two half opened eyes.

"Where you going?"

He asked as he leaned closer to me, resting his head on the arch of my neck.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like crap."

I found myself chuckling.

"I wonder why."

"And to think you've gone through this a lot of times. My respect."

"It's close to the pain most women get when they are giving birth. Now a man has experienced it. You should feel proud."

"Oh, I'm wagging in excitement."

At least he was in a good mood.

"David?"

"Hmm?"

He inhaled my scent, resting his head on my chest. Now he listened to my heart beat.

"Why did you take Zeta's heart?"

He flinched, lifting his head up to look at mine.

"Charlotte, get your information straight. Zeta and his pack weren't here to take over the pack. They wanted nothing of it. They were here to take those Scripts away."

I sat up, pulling my knees to my chest. He sat up as well, leaning against the headboard of the bed. He was having a hard time breathing, his eyes closing and exposing pain.

"You know what that meant, right Charlotte?"

"Why are you people so obsessed in taking them away from me? You have one as well. Why don't they take yours out?!"

"Charlotte. "

I turned my head around to look at him when he lifted one finger and signaled me to come to him.

He ended up pulling me by my arm towards his body, sitting me right next to him.

He lifted my chin up immediately after I turned away.

"I won't let them do anything to you. You, little person, are mine. If its your heart they want, I won't let them. It's mine now. It has my name written all over it."

"How do you know?!"

This...man. Feeling over confident, isn't he?

"Your eyes tell me so every time I look at them. I can also feel your heart beating faster every time I hold you closer to me. You don't even notice, right?"

I felt my face blushing in an instant, a feeling it had never happened to me.

He grabbed my cheeks in both of his hands, lifting me up to his face.

"This is the first time you blush like a normal girl."

"Let go of my cheeks."

"No. I want to remember those tainted pink cheeks."

I rolled my eyes, glaring at him in the end.

"You, my dear flower, are pouting."

I smacked him on his shoulder. He dropped his hands, pulling his head back until it hit the headboard.