Ch.33

Hi loves!!! Vote/comment/fan please!

****

The King stood surrounded by his men, ready to use them if anything occurred. Aziza stood besides Mishka, prepared with her double-headed spear in hand. They had fought her not so long ago, the memory of their village destroyed was as fresh as a new morning.

"He actually brought her out," Roger murmured over the silent setting."We shouldn't trust him," he murmured more louder this time.

"Roger," the King said, quieting the man before his whole militia began to sprout nonsense he wasn't going to be able to control.
"What would you like to bargain now?" The King asked the first question and waited.

"First, what we had bargained before. You failed to complete it the first time, now I'm giving you a second time to fulfill it," she said as she pointed the spear at him, causing disapproving reactions from the men around her.

Mishka reached his hand to grab her but instead, pulled his hand back before his fingers touched her skin.

He allowed the voices that spoke to him in his ear all the time to speak louder for him to hear, to hear what they gossiped about now.

"Their bargain...is your success," the voices whispered.

He could hear those voices whenever he wished to, as well as lower their volume whenever he had enough but he could never get rid of them. They had become persistent, they had become a 'half' of his body. He had to be careful, for sometimes, they could speak aloud without his approval and for that, he had to 'hear' in order to keep them caged.

"Just like that? Is that all you truly want?" The King asked in disbelief as he crossed his arms in front of his silver armor.

She was just pushing him over the cliff to agree with her. No one else knew of their agreement and no one else knew of what had happened before between them.  He didn't have the time to plan against her, but time would be his friend with that.

"What else? Is that all there is to it?" He asked.

Laughter began to shine in her as she turned around towards Mishka. "He'll be mine," she said as she turned back to the King with a grin on her face.

"Absolutely not," the King answered, lowering his arms by his sides.

Mishka had become the center piece, a piece too risky to lose. The King wanted him for his knowledge and everything else he secretly knew about the King's kind. If he fell into her hands-

"Then I'm out of the bargain," she answered.

"Why do you need him?" The King snapped before one of his own men interfered.

"He and I have a little business to settle," she answered as she met Mishka's eyes.

Mishka understood, he knew that she would want answers for what had happened before. But the problem was that he couldn't just answer to her, he had to answer to the King as well.

"I only have one favor to ask," Mishka spoke as he sighed. "Set your differences aside, we are all risking our lives here. My King, if I may, may I offer my opinion?"

The King nodded in agreement whereas his men, shuttered in disgust.

"You're going to let a nobody pitch in to this?" Roger asked as he stepped away, his anger clinging on to the soldiers around him.

"He's with her, he'll want to go in her favor," Latheon murmured more to himself than to anyone else in particular.

"Settle your agreements later, this is not the time to be arguing," Mishka said, quieting the angering crowd."I will explain everything to you all afterwards so please, just focus in protecting the city," he continued as he bowed his head.