Ch. 21

Hello my beautiful people! Love you all so much! Just keep reading!! Vote, fan and comment!

Give me your thoughts!!!!

~*********************************~

The two young men sat at some distance from each other. One sat on top of a huge boulder, mold already showing itself from its long age. The other man sat just below it, his hands resting behind his head. After he had gotten tired, he crossed his arms in front of him and leaned his head back against the boulder.

Without speaking they both had watched the fire as it started. Both glared at the view in front of them, no word had been spoken ever since the flames started corrupting their way between the trees.

The man sitting on top of the boulder leaned back, his arms supporting his heavy frame. He would occasionally lean his head against his shoulder whenever he would start drifting off into his thoughts, then getting annoyed for some reason, would go back to strengthening his back and while crossing his arms, continued to stare at the flames with more intensity.Meanwhile, the scarlet flames danced through the trees, capturing the heart of Mother Earth.

"It's too hot."

The man called Azariah ,who was sitting down on the ground,protested as he looked up.

"Is it?"

The other man responded as he leaned over the edge.

"Shouldn't we leave?"

Azariah asked as with an annoyed tone.

"Not enjoying the view?"

The man sitting below rose up to his feet, eyeing the man above.He fixed the collar of his coat,dusting off the few traces of ashes.

He could feel the heat on his back, not that it really bother him. It wasn't the fire that bothered him. The reason being there was a bother. He was more worried for what was going through the other man's mind than the actual fact that he could get eaten by those flames.

"Isn't it about time we go?"

He said a bit louder to the tranquil,eyeing man on top of the bolder.

Indeed did he seemed tranquil, yet, his mind burned hotter and faster than that of the flames.

"If flames could speak, as they burn down those trees... What would they be saying?"

The man on his feet knew better than to judge him as a crazy person. He was far off than crazy. There was nothing crazy about that man. He felt small drops of sweat on his back, and he chuckled as he thought about the other man's question.

That man had his fearful moments.

"To get the hell out of here? I don't know."

"Hmm..."

He jumped off, landing right besides the other man. His eyebrows furrowed as he intently watched the flames. He kept sadness deep in his heart and soul, engraved through out his veins. As he watched the flames, he felt nothing but sadness.

"Or... they are begging for tiny drops of water to calm their uncontrollable rage."

He leaned down and pressed his palm on the warm soil, a small smile forming on his lips. He could feel the warmness of ground he stood on, the feelings of those flames.

It was the only thing he could do for them.

The first drop of water landed on his right cheek, kissing his already warm skin. More and more drops joined the fight calming the flames and soon after, the flames slowly started to dissolve.