chapter 25

Every step he took towards me I took one backwards, until of course I hit the wall behind me. As I tried to retain some sort of calm, my wolf was on edge at us being cornered, making my lip start to quiver.

Looking up at Zack who was in front of me, I saw his face transform. His mouth began to enlarge, the four canines extending and his black iris’s doubled in size.

His wolf started to take over.

My wolf tensed but I was too slow to react, I gasped as Zack roughly shoved my shoulders into the wall, his body pinning mine down. That push made my already weak body start to ache, my mental and emotional resistance high but physically I was a crumbling mess.

“Get, off of me!” I spat.

“Hmm Leah, I’ve waited so long for this” he breathed as his face leant into my neck.

I looked away in disgust and started to squirm, flailing my pined legs trying to kick him but it wasn’t helping, Zack was too strong. He grabbed my jaw and made me look at him.

“Your mine Leah”

I was going to become his mate I thought as I felt his tongue move from the center of my neck down to the base, following my protruding vein. As he reached the junction between my neck and my body I closed my eyes and stiffened. I pictured Adrian; the moment I found out he was my mate.

Heartbroken I thought of the limited happiness we shared.

 Zack’s nose sniffed my shoulder.

The first kiss Adrian and I shared.

His front feel grazed the area, his tongue following it.

Goodbye Adrian.

I felt the front teeth grip the back of my shoulder as the bottom teeth clamped near my collar bone.

Rather than feel his teeth sink into me, they ripped across my shoulder as Zack’s body was abruptly pulled away from me.

Before I had time to react I felt a sting as a pair of teeth roughly clamped in the crease of my neck but pain never came, instead a feeling of utter euphoria built up within me. I felt strength and power surge through me, an exhilaration sensation consumed me. I perceived raw emotion and new feelings, feelings that weren’t my own was coursing through my mind and body.

My wolf was howling in pleasure, she’d never felt so alive. When a tongue licked my wound it all burst, I cried out in utter contentment as though this moment was the reason for my existence, the purpose of my life.

Just as quickly as it started it ended, heat from the other person evaporated and the feeling of utter bliss vanished.

My eyes jerked open to yell at whoever had left me feeling desolate, only to see to see Zack being flung onto the far wall of the cave, an emotionless Adrian towering over him. Less than a minute had passed and yet it felt an eternity to me.

He bit me.

Adrian had marked me.

Barely having any time to process what just happened, I watched on as Adrian pulled a slumped Zack up by the collar, his other hand gripping his throat as he pushed him further into the wall. Dangling from Adrian’s chock hold Zack began to stutter, his legs flailed wildly, hands clawing at Adrian’s hands around his neck.

Stunned at the change of events, I watched on in horror at the gruesome scene before me.

“Ad-adrian” I coughed.

His head turned to look at me, but his body further tensing adding pressure to his hold on his brother. Normally golden, his eyes were a burgundy red, bordering on black. This was in contrast to his stoic white face, a twitching lip the only sign of how livid he was.