chapter 8

Adrian’s POV

…What just happened? There I was trying to make it easier for her to reject me, only for it to stab me in the back and just for laughs the heart as well. It feels like my heart exploded from the inside, and stabbed on the outside, twice the pain.

‘You fool she thinks you rejected her’ my wolf shout angrily at me. ‘REJECTED HER, that’s the last thing I would ever do’ I told him with wide eyes. ‘I-I rejected her…” I continuously whispered, still trying to grasp the concept that I, Adrian Night somehow rejected the most beautiful creature on this planet.

Wait a minute… how did she find out about me being her mate, wow my mates intelligent. Running my hand in my fur not caring if my nails dug in my head, I probably deserved it anyway. I replayed the conversation in my head only to come up blank with the last expression was Leah’s angry face and watery eyes. I made her cry.

“Oh God what have I done” I said while grabbing my head and falling on my knees.  All in all this is definitely the worst day of my life, that includes the one that I thought was the worst possible day and that would be when I was born. If I was never born I wouldn’t have destroyed relationships and caused pain to others, I wouldn’t have hurt Leah. She could’ve had another mate, someone who isn’t like this, scarred mentally and physically.

Nothing ever goes my way, I’m gifted with bad luck or karma or whatever. ‘You’d better fix this or else I’ll never come back’ said my wolf with the final warning, and then retreated back, leaving me all alone to deal with this problem. ‘Wait-‘but he was gone and soon emptiness consumed me where my wolf once was.

I stayed there on the ground for who knows how long, just wallowing in my own self-misery. I finally got up and slowly started walking home, Grams probably there worrying about me. My shoulders were slouching, and my hands dangling by my side. It’s weird to say that because I’m still in wolf form walking on two legs.

I reached the backyard only to look up and see my Grams standing there with a pair of clothes in her hands. I reached the door “It’s ok sweetie” Grams said with sympathy in her eyes as she tries to comfort me, I shifted put on the clothes then practically collapsed on her, while letting everything go. I cried for everything I’ve lost, Grams led me to the couch, were she made me sit down next to her, laid my head on her lap and let me cry while saying comforting words. I stayed there until everything was out of my system and soon drifted to sleep with Grams slowly stroking my hair.

 ****************************************************************************************************************

I woken up to the smell of eggs and bacon, I looked around to find out I’m on the couch with a blanket over me. Stretching I tried to recollect what happened yesterday night, which was a mistake- Me rejecting my mate and my wolf disappearing. Sighing that’s all I’ve been doing for the past 17 years, I got up to see my Grams in the kitchen.

“Adrian come, come, sit down” she said trying to be happy, probably seeing my puffy red eyes and sullen mood. Climbing on the chair she gave me a plate with my breakfast, surprisingly I wasn’t hungry. “I’m not hungry” I said not looking in her eyes, but did when she dropped the pan forcefully on the table. “Oh no you are not going to do that, you mister will sit here until you finished this meal. We, Sir do not waste food in this house” she said giving me a stern look as if to say ‘I dare you to argue with me.’

Not arguing I groggily ate my food while rolling my eyes, gotta love Grams I chuckled despite my mood. She watched me with a satisfied look. When I was all done, she took my plate and said “Now if you will excuse me I have a handsome hunk to get to, if you need me I will be in my room” with that she left to read one of her many books of younger men with muscles.