chapter 12

Adrian’s POV

I got home just in time to be harassed by my Grams; she somehow found out that I made up with my mate. I asked her how and all she said was “it’s a women’s intuition” and me being a guy will never understand. Rolling my eyes I headed to the kitchen with grams on my tail…literally. “So how is she, is she ok with your good looks, did you guys make up like how I think you did.” she said with a wink.

“Ok first grams, ew, second she’s fine with me being like this…I think” “What you mean you think.” She questioned with a confused face. “Well, she never mentioned it or anything. I think she chooses not to notice it” I explained “So what’s the problem with that?” grams asked. Sighing I said looking straight at her, “If she’s going to accept me then she has to accept and acknowledge my differences.”

After a few moments of silence grams said “I think she does acknowledge it and she accepts it as a part of you, otherwise she wouldn’t be with you” “I don’t know” still not convinced “I can prove it to you” she said “Oh yeah, how?” trying to find out about my grams great plan. “Call her here” she lifted a finger to stop me from interrupting “and let your ‘differences’ show, don’t hide them. I shall watch her and see if she reacts to it” that actually sound like a good plan, except she forgot about one thing and that would be me. “Grams I can’t” “And why not, that seems like a perfect plan.” She said putting her hands on her hips “Ohhh, your shy” she said with a sly smile as I blushed; avoiding her eyes.

“I’m not shy, I’m just not used to people seeing me without a hoody to cover it up” I mumbled Grams leaned forward and pinched my cheeks “You’ll do fine, now call her” she said excitedly, while handing my phone to me. I have little to no idea how she got that out of my pocket; I looked through my contacts and was about to press call when “What happens if she’s busy, I mean we did just get together today” trying to find an excuse.

“You will not get out of this one mister, now call her before I do” she threatened. Glaring at her I had a slight suspicion that grams only said these things, just to meet Leah. She is one crafty women; ‘hurry up and call my mate’ said my wolf, ‘no not you to, come on, you know grams is setting us up’ I tried to reason with him. ‘I don’t care; I want her near, so call her.’

 I reluctantly pressed dial and waited, I was begging that she doesn’t pick up, but I ran out of luck.

After the third ring she picked up; I was so nervous that I didn’t let her say hello first. “Uh hey Leah... it’s me Adrian” idiot of cause she knows it’s me, in the back my grams snickered at me. I rubbed the back of my head and continued, grams thought she wanted to hear too, so pressed herself against the phone, I tried to push her away but couldn’t, causing me to miss Leah’s reply.

 “Yeah hi…umm I was wondering if you’d like to come over and have dinner with us, I mean you don’t have to if you’re busy” I nervously asked, grams wasn’t making at any better by asking what she’s saying, I kept bickering with her to shut up. She agreed and I finally gave her the address. By the end of the phone call, I was nervously blushing but relaxed after it was over.

God, give me rogues or hunters to kill any day but give me Leah, and its game over for me.

I didn’t have time to rest when grams pushed me to my room, saying I need to shower and get dressed in something that reveals my mutations. So I took a quick shower but wasn’t quick enough if Leah arrived, I hurried to wear a tight shirt that showed my physique; a pair of pants that I didn’t tuck my tail in and gloves which I hate because I cannot feel Leah when I touch her, but I need it, to not hurt her.

Downstairs I could hear grams introducing herself and dragging Leah in to the family room, this is the only good points of my mutated feature which are more heightened senses than the normal wolves in human form.