Chapter 18 - The truth.

The truth.

Chapter 18

My jaw hits the floor, but before I can say something, or scream, Delilah puts the baby in the arms of Finn, which stands besides her, and puts her hands on my mouth. Which makes me sound like a mute choking snail.

The baby starts to cry, and I look shocked at Delilah.

"Please don't scream." Delilah whispers. Her eyes get teary and her voice is almost gone.

I look at her. First, with anger, than with conceit, back to anger again.

I press my lips together, and her eyes are begging for mercy.

"Okay. Explain. You have 5 minutes."

I alread regret it, its not like i'm going to forgive her straightaway.

Not going to happen.

I make some room in the closet, and Delilah gives the baby to Finn. Finn cooes, and plays with him/her.

I close the door, and I turn to Delilah.

She has changed. Her bags under her eyes are huge, and reach till her mouth. Her face is pale, and she looks tired as hell. Don't know how tired hell is though.

Her blonde hair is long, and has dead ends. It doesn't shines. Her green eyes, don't have a twinkle in them.

But one thing, hasn't changed. Her chilly vibes. They are still there. It's like i'm back in the old days.

My mind gets relieved. My worries have flown away for a moment. Just for moment. Cause when I see her like this. The chilly vibe is gone.

She's so thin, I can see her bones. She looks really unhealthy.

Her eyes are teary, but I can't help but look at her, with anger.

I can't surrender.

She's had so many chances. Too many.

I will see later if I will forgive her.

"I just.. It has been so hard for me." she looks down her hands, and plays with them.

Pff. Like it wasn't hard for me.

She looks back at me again, helpless and lonely. Begging for mercy.

I swallow, and she keeps going with the story.

"I couldn't trust anyone. I couldn't. So many people had lied to me-"

I roll my eyes and say:

"Just tell me what happened. I'm sure you felt great while you left you best friend alone." I almost scream the last 3 words, and she shrinks.

Shocked, I look at the way how fragile she is.

"You don't know how I felt. You had no idea. It was also hard for me. Do you really think I could just leave you? No. It was a descision I had to make. One i'm not sure of if it was the right one, cause look where I am now."

I feel regret draining throuh my mind. I shouldn't yell at her. I shouldn't be selfish. She also was hurt. A lot.

She sighs, and closes her eyes.

Meanwhile, I still feel my neck burning. I feel the shape of the sleeves burning in my skin.

While Delilah calms herself down, she keeps going.

"I really had cancer. It just.. didn't went as how it was suppose to. My cousin, Harry, had some really good looking friends. One of them, was called Louis, and we knew him as 'the one with the stripes.'"