Chapter 6 - The Rachel Girl

The Rachel Girl

Chapter 6

Today is gonna be a weird day. Today is the day of Harry’s Senior Party. You can compare it with the Lost Weekend. We stay there the whole weekend, something I completely want to avoid, and we do as he preach. We drink, dance, play games in the way he wants it. Probably he is going to hire some whores, which he always does as Connor says. People he invited are not allowed to leave for the whole weekend, but other people do come and go.

I’m actually really scared. He wants me there for some reason. I’m not his favourite classmate as you noticed. Connor also said there are gonna be a lot of people. He’s the popular guy, so I kind of expect a huge party with everything included. 

‘‘RING RING RING RING BANANAPHONE’’

My ringtone fills the room and I check the ID which says Connor is calling. I press the green button and a very welcoming hello fills my phone.

‘‘HAY!’’ [C]

‘‘Wow Connor, why so happy?’’ [S]

‘‘Well, i’m not really happy I am just really confused and really nervous you know just like that time i got a really sweet birthday present hehe yes yes that was nice and you know you know you know when im nervous i always have this really funny word word word vomit hehehe’’ [C]

‘‘Wauw.. That’s.. Awesome but why are you confused?’’ [S] I ask him, wondering what could be on his mind. I never talked with him while he was in this way.

‘‘Well..’’ Now his voice gets more serious..’’ I was thinking last night.. Harry might have a crush on you?’’ WHAT.

Those seven words pressed in my ears like a bomb was exploded. That is the funniest thing i’ve heard in the last couple of weeks.

‘‘Funny Connor. Really funny.’’ [S]

‘’No i’m serious. He looks in a way at you.. I don’t know man. He is totally hiding something. And I can’t figure out what. Oh and the fact he never asked me to one of his big parties cause you know i’m still that weird creepy boy. An outsider.’’ [C]

I sigh, and wave his crazy idea away. I’m sure he invited me cause he just wants to play a trick on me. Not because he likes me. And by the way, nice way of expressing that he likes me.

‘’No Connor. Forget it. But, i’m with you on that he is hiding something. When I look into his eyes.. I don’t know. I see revenge, lust, anger. It’s really confusing. And weird.’’ [S]

I hear Connor sighing, and I think about the feeling you have when you know someone likes you. That feeling that there is somebody on this world who wakes up everyday, thinking of new ways to get your attention. Somebody who pleads to get a smile of you. Somebody who worships you. Obviously I can’t have an admirer. I mean, look at me!