Chapter 11 - Not the right distraction.

Not the right distraction.

Chapter 11

Recap:

This.. this can't be true. This. Can't. Be. Happening.

I thought I closed that chapter in my life. What is she doing here?

"Sarah?! Is that you?"

"Sammy. Yes. It's me."

Sammy. Delilah's sister.

Why does it seems like the problems always look for me. I wanted to forget it. Close the chapter.

Now, she's back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, she's back. What? I just.. I don't know what to say. Her family moved away, and I never expected to see her again.

And another thing, what is she doing here? What is she doing at Harrys party? How does she know Liam?

This is ridiculous.

I notice that my mouth is open, and I close it quickly.

Sammy has the same horrified facial expression as me, and her jaw also hits the floor.

''Err.. You guys know each other?'' Liam breaks the silence, and I gulp. As a sign is released, we both have a word vomit.

'' How.. why..when.. I called... what.. happened'' We say, both at the same time.

I burst out of laughter, and she laughs along. Her clear laughter makes my ears rinkle. I missed that sound. When I was with Delilah, Sammy was most of the time with us. Sammy was only one year older so we all hung out together. We had loads of fun.

She hasn't changed that much, she is obviously older. Her curly brown hair reaches till her butt, and at some places it waves. Delilah and I were always jealous of her, and that's why we were always playing with Sammy's hair.

''So.. I don't want too sound mean.. but what are you doing here?'' I ask and I look at the ground, and I feel my cheeks heaten up. I don't want to sound mean! I just got her back, I don't want to lose her again. I want to be friends with her again. Maybe. I don't know. I will try. It's good to have a friend of my gender. As long Connor isn't having surgery, he stays a boy. There's nothing wrong with that, ofcourse. But I'm a girl, and there is some stuff which girls can't talk about with guys if you know what I mean.

Sammy shares a suspicous glance with Liam, and I guess she's some kind of asking permission for something. What is going on?

I look at them in'quisitively, but then I get the message.

''I.. I have to go to the bathroom..'' I say awkwardly, and I turn around to walk to the bathroom. I hear their voices raise a bit, and they're discussing something.

I try to focus on the bathroom, and I push the door open. I lock the door behind me, and I walk to the mirror.

Why don't I feel anything about what I said to Harry and his mates? Why don't I feel better? Why don't I feel like it's going to stop? When is it going to stop?

I want the bullying to stop!

It eats me from the inside, and everytime Harry says something nasty, the beast in me, eats a bit more.

It hurts, in my mind, in my brain, in my floodtubes.

It hurts.

Whenever he says something nasty, the words press into my heart. They press into my skin. They press into my brain. And they are stuck forever. Like scars.