Chapter 4 - Expect the unexpectable.

Expect the unexpectable.

Chapter 4

I woke up late, but it still is a normal schoolday. Wich means, I still have to join the 5th period. I'd only have Maths and Language. Subjects I despise. And the worse thing is, those 5 boys are in it too.

I've never gone with fear to any classes in the last 6 years. But this time it's different. I don't know what they are capable of. I'm not sure anymore. 

Maybe next time it's me who lays under the bright red ferrari. We don't want that do we.

Connor has already left for school, he was first going home to get his books. I grab my mug and take a nip from the coffee before spitting it out. Ugh. I hate coffee. The taste is bitter and sad. I avoid everything which is bitter and sad.

I've made some kind of life change when Delilah died. I tried to stay in reality, avoid any sad , bitter thing.

I didn't went to my uncle's funeral, it was too sad.

I haven't tried Sammy's, Delilah's sister, cake when she won a huge prize for it.

Every, dark, cold, sad thing, I avoided it. And you're thinking, what's so sad about cake.

Well, it was on friday the 13th, it was the same day Delilah died, it was the same day Sammy shot her mum because she thought her mum murdered Delilah.

No one exactly knew how Delilah died. No one was with her. Some kind of doctor did told her she was going to die. And she thought she was going to die too.

But something wasn't right. A week before, they told us she probably survived it. Since back then, Sammy, her family and me didn't trust anybody anymore.

There also wasn't a funeral. Well, maybe there was, but I wasn't invited. Quite weird now I think back of it.

I never heard anyone talk about a funeral.

After the death of Delilah and her mother, I totally lost contact with her family. I was always spending a lot of time with her family and her. We were so close. They were like family to me too.

Maybe I should call Sammy sometime. I've never thought of that, I wanted to avoid any source of memories. It just hurts too much.

How many times have I been scrolling through my contact list? How many times have I stopped at the S ? How many times have I almost pressed the green button? How many times have I called and instantly hung up?

See, i'm a coward.

I always end up with conclusing i'm a coward. Still a weak one.

I put my shoes on, and I walk to my mother's bike. Since mine isn't repairable, I still have to get a new one. Now i'm borrowing my mum's bike. She never uses it, she's still somewhere in america helping other children who apparently mean more to her than her own daughter.

It's still sad, my story.

The bike is all new and shiny, and my own old, secondhand one feels way more comfortable than this one.

I guess that's how it works. Trade, being trade.

I remember that one time, when I almost thought I had a real friend. It was after Delilah, I think it was around 2 years ago.

She was called April, and we hung around a lot. We had girly sleepovers, girly pillowfights. She really felt like a real friend. She also was an outsider, just like me. We understood each other, without even talking about it we knew what we both felt. I guess that's why we were such good 'friends'.