The Father's Sunlight

"Miss, it's time to wake up"

Asahi was awakened by the soft voice of her butler who had left the room after he saw her get up. Frowning she rubbed her eyes before stretching. Getting out of the bed, she opened up the curtains and was greeted by the bright sunshine and the singing birds outside her window. The blonde haired girl grinned happily and hurried to get dressed for school.

Going downstairs, she could see her parents talking very seriously. Watching them for a moment she shrugged it off and entered the kitchen to get breakfast.

Her house was quite big, actually it was a mansion. There was more than 5 bedrooms, around 4 bathrooms, a living room upstairs and downstairs, the kitchen, dining room, the main hall and the grand staircase. That was not even including the many acres of land just for the garden that surrounded her home.

Sparkle hurried over to Asahi, rushing into her school bag. Asahi grabbed a piece of bread and handed it to her. The butler came in and stood at the door.

"Miss, it's time to go."

"Oh yeah, uh, just a minute" Asahi quickly scrambled around getting extra food.

"Miss, you already have lunch."

"Oh I know... uh but I have a friend who... uh... doesn't bring in lunch so I was uh... giving it to her?"

"I see. Let's go then Miss."

"Right-io"

Leaving the kitchen, her parents voices gradually got louder. She could barely hear what they were talking about but quickly left the door for school.

Reaching school, Asahi quickly let Sparkle out who then turned human.

"Let's go!" Rana ran into the school building, leaving Asahi to walk slowly behind her.

Asahi stared into space in class. Akina glanced at Asahi who didn't even have the right books out.

"Yo... what are you thinking about?" Akina whispered

"Oh uh... nothing?"

"Sure... whatever you say"

The final bell finally rang, leaving Asahi to sigh in relief. Akina just stared at her happily rush out of the classroom. Rana continued to sit in her seat.

"Hey, Rana... aren't you supposed to go with her...?"

"Ah!" she quickly jumped up "I forgot!"

"Oh gosh" Akina burst out laughing

Akina stood up "Well, I'll be leaving first! I promised my sister I'd help her with groceries!"

"Oh okay!" Rana scrambled around before dashing out the door. She ran before crashing into her brother who was trying to walk away from a crowd.

"Rana...?"

"Oh hey! Did you see Asahi?"

"Yeah... she was at the shoe lockers?"

"Thanks!" she quickly dashed off.

"What in the?" he mumbled to himself

Rana managed to catch up with Asahi who was waiting for her.

"What took you so long?" Asahi asked

"Oh I guess I forgot" Rana scratched her head in embarrassment "whoops..."

"Well, come on, my butler is waiting"

Rana hid and turned into her fairy form, she hopped into Asahi's open bag and the two headed towards the car. In the car, Asahi sat in silence. She stared happily out the window quietly before her butler spoke.