Twinkle! Guardian of the Skies!

The cold morning was hectic and totally unexpected. Still asleep, the sun had barely risen but the girls were awoken by their fairies who sensed a monster in the town. Their brains not functioning, they ran out of their houses silently to find the monster. Reaching the town, they couldn't help but laugh at each others appearance. Their hairs were messy and uncombed, Asahi's shirt was inside out and Sakura was wearing mismatched socks. Akina had dark eye circles and Shirana was staring into space, clearly not into it.

"Where's the monster?" Sakura asked, trying to hold in a yawn

"Over there! ~purin" Spring jumped up and pointed into a certain direction

"Right..." Asahi groaned "let's quickly get this over with"

As they arrived at the scene, they suddenly found themselves completely perked up. The Tomerunda seemed bigger than usual and they could definitely feel its powerful aura. Without a moment of hesitation, the girls took out their nacharms and placed it into the PreCase.

"PreCure! Refresh!" they yelled in unison

In a swarm of bright light, the girls transformed into their Cure forms.

"The Beautiful Warmth of Winter, Cure Crystal!"

"The Endless Smile of Summer, Cure Lumina!"

"The Cool Sound of Autumn, Cure Aria!"

"The Intelligent Life of Spring, Cure Cerise!"

"Greet Chances with a Smile, Hi! Chance PreCure!"

Charging forward, Cerise grabbed the monster and flung it round before throwing it towards Lumina. As it flew, Lumina jumped into the air and punched it, sending it towards a building. Crystal took it as a chance and raced closer, with her hands glowing a bright white, the cold air surrounded the girls.

"Snow Blanket!" she yelled out, beaming the power over to the Tomerunda

Now covered in snow, frozen and unable to move, the girls landed in front of it. Just as Aria was about to send her attack, the monster suddenly broke free, causing the girls to jump back in shock.

"Huh!?" Lumina shrieked

"How did it do that?" Aria groaned

"They must be getting stronger" Cerise frowned

"They must be analysing our every move... so they know our powers" Crystal looked around "we have to be careful"

"Let's go beat them then" Aria growled "I'm still tired!"

Aria raced towards the monster and angrily sent her attack to it.

"Tornado Accent!" she screamed

With that, the monster was brought down but only momentarily as afterwards, it was already back on its feet once again. This time, its aim was Aria who had let down her guard.

"Cure Aria!" Lumina shouted "Light Flare!" she sent a beam of light in order to blind the monster.

This wasn't enough however and the three girls were sent flying into a building. Noticing the situation, Cerise made her way to them.

"Are you guys okay?" she asked

"Yeah... totally" Aria mumbled as she tried to get back up

"Watch out!" Crystal yelled when she saw the monster was about to attack them.

Before it could reach them, a caped figure stood in front of them and raised their arm. With one small blast, the monster was stopped. Blinking their eyes, a sense of relief came over them when they saw the Guardian protecting them. Without a word, the Guardian fought the monster. The girls noticed that she didn't seem fazed and that it seemed like an easy battle for her.