A New Year! A Fresh Season! A High Chance!

Shuffling about, Sakura ran around her now unorganized bedroom. Rummaging through her wardrobe she pulled out every single one of her clothes in an effort to find some clothes. She wasn't the best at fashion and she didn't want to wear her usual dress, especially because it was extremely cold. After all, it was December 31st and it was the peak of winter. Finally after what seemed like forever, Sakura managed to get an outfit and fold all her clothes back into the wardrobe.

"How do I look?" she asked turning to Hanami who was sitting on her bed

"You look adorable!"

"Nice!" she giggled "come on, let's go! It's nearly time!"

Dashing down the stairs with Hanami, she greeted her parents who smiled at her. They all had planned to go to a hill and watch the fireworks to enter the new year. Saying goodbye, the two ran outside immediately shuddering from the cold breeze.

"Brrr..." Hanami mumbled "how does Flake like this?!"

"She's used to it I guess" Sakura laughed

Walking quickly to get warm, the two made their way to the hill that they were meeting at. Of course, they were the first ones there but Nanami soon followed.

"Heya!" Spring waved

"Hi, Princess" Nanami gave her a big hug "I'm guessing the others aren't here yet?"

"Nope, plus I know that Akina and Shirana will be late so that's good" Sakura replied

"Good" Nanami smirked

Moments passed and soon their friends began to gather up on the hill. Ryousuke and Hyla arrived together along with Asahi and Rana. Sir. Luminous claimed the day before that he was too old to hang out that late but he'd watch the fireworks from the indoors. Akina, Shirana, Kazuki and Yukine soon arrived and the whole gang were in chaotic chatter. Looking at their phone, there was five minutes left until midnight.

"This is so exciting!" Yukine shouted, jumping up and down

In the corner, Akina and Asahi huddled tightly in secret.

"You got it?" Asahi whispered

"Yeah but it was really hard to get"

"Here, I've got this" Asahi soon took out a small bag and took something out of it

The time was ticking and there was a minute left on the clock. Just at ten seconds, the friends began to fidget excitedly.

"10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2...1!" they counted but instead of saying happy new year, their attention all turned to Shirana who was sitting under the tree with Yukine

"Happy Birthday!!"

Asahi came out of the shadows the with a cake in her hands that was lit up with candles.

"Wait wha-?" Shirana stood up in shock as they all clapped and cheered

"You're getting old!" Akina yelled

"Do you like your surprise?!" Yukine asked

"Of course I do but I'm in shock"

"Took us a while to plan it" Hyla said with a smile "but it was Akina's idea"

"Eh?" Shirana looked at Akina who grinned

"I had to get the candles and a lighter" Akina laughed "I had to stuff them in my pocket before you noticed"