Part 29

Right now, we were near the Christmas break. Two months have passed since I have spoken to Raven. I didn't see her face from that night. I figured that she moved out. All five of us were together since that trip. We bonded even more. Everything got cleared out between the three boys. Ash, Zander, and Grayson became even closer. Zander and Bella started dating, it has been a month since they have been dating. It was surprising how Zander was in a stable relationship for a month because Grayson told me that his relationships didn't even last for weeks.

Everything was good. I was happy with Grayson. Recently we also asked me out for prom. No, he yet didn't ask me out officially. But I was just afraid that he'll never ask me. I didn't worry about it a lot because if he didn't, I would. I loved him.

'I AM SO EXCITED F-'

'For prom' I sigh. Bella has been saying 'I am so excited for prom' at least a gazillion times. We were right now at Grayson's house and we all were lying down on the bed discussing prom.

'Yes!!' she claps her hands together and I roll my eyes at my best friend.

'You are such a dork' I chuckle and she pulls a straight face.

'Mon... we need to shop for the dress today!' she says and Grayson spits out the water he was drinking.

'Ew! Grayson!!' I shout.

'You need to shop today?' he asked surprised. He didn't say anyone's name but then I assumed he asked me because he was looking at me.

'Well, she needs to. I'll shop on the day of prom' I shrug.

'Noooo you are coming with me!' she whines.

'Oh my god! Stop acting like a baby!' I say, completely losing it.

'Don't scream at my girlfriend li-' I shoot a glare at Zander and he immediately stops talking. I heard Bella laughing and I soon break into laughter.

'I-I am sorry. I -was j-just' she says between her laughs. Soon Zander breaks into a smile. I noticed that Grayson didn't, he was thinking about something else.

'Grayson, are you alright?' I ask and rest my hand on his knee. He was startled by my touch but then he calmed down.

'Y-yeah why won't I be?' he stutters.

'Did someone else ask you out or something?' I joke. but then there was serious silence so I started to worry.

'Uh-'

'It was a joke at the start, but seriously, did someone actually ask you out' I ask.

'No leave it, it's nothing'

'Alright,' he maybe didn't wanna say it in front of everyone so I didn't push it further. Zander was stifling his laughter. I look over to see Bella doing the same. I furrow my eyebrows and decide to leave the topic.

'So you guys going shopping right now or what?' Zander asks.

'Probably right now' Bella answers even before I could open my mouth.

'Then get going' Zander says and Bella replies with a squeal and grabs my hand. I stumble my way towards the front door but soon gain my balance because Bella left my hand. We took Veronica to the mall and soon we started searching for her prom dress. I stuck to my word and I didn't buy a dress. Bella ended up buying an off shoulder green colored gown which hung to her body perfectly. She finished it with green pumps. Later that day, we decided to go to our own houses as we had school the next day. I asked Bella to come to my house after school. She agreed.

'Monica!' I heard my mom shout and I slightly jog down the stairs and see my mom holding a big box. Trying to hold. I rush up to her and help her to put it in the living room.

'It was for you' she pants and holds her waist.

'Okay...' it came out more like a question because I didn't know what to say. I open the box and saw thousands of roses inside the box. I carefully pick it up and admire them. Roses were always my favorite flowers. I get up and decide to put some of them inside the big vase which I had in the living room. While getting up, I saw a note. I decided to read later because my hands were full because of the beautiful roses. I put the flowers inside the vase.

I walk back towards the couch and kneel down. I pick up the note and read it.

Be my queen?

It sa-

I heard my phone beeping and it cut me out of my thoughts.

'Cupcake!' the voice said and I immediately understood it was Zander.

'What?' I ask and keep the note aside. I plop down on the couch and sigh audibly.

'I don't know what to do!'

'Well, what do you want to do?'

'What is Bella wearing tomorrow?!'

'Clothes, duh' I answer and I heard Zander letting out an irritable sigh. I let out a little chuckle and he lets out a groan.

'I am serious!'

'Hey serious, I am Monica' I decided to play lame, I knew exactly how to irritate him.

'Monica!' he exclaims.

'Serious!' I say in the same tone and he lets out a fake cry.

'What. Is. The. Color. Of. Bella's. Dress' he asked with a stern voice and I gulped. I knew he was serious right now.

'What's your favorite color?' I roll my eyes and ask, the fun was over.

'Green' he replies with confusion filled in his voice. There was silence for a couple of minutes on both the ends. Until Zander gasps.

'Seriously?!' he asks.

'Happy late realization'

'Wow. Damn' he said and I absent-mindedly nodded knowing that he couldn't see me.

'Yeah' I say.

'Okay bye! Thanks! I love you!'

'I love you too, Zander' I chuckle and he immediately cuts the call. I sigh and keep the phone inside. I look back again at the box and I saw some cloth material. I pick it up and unfold it and right there, I was left speechless. My mouth was open but no words were said.

-Flashback-

I run up to him from behind so he couldn't see me. When I was about to scare him, I saw something in his hands. He was holding the most beautiful dress I've ever seen.

It was a black skin-tight dress, with a cut running down the knee and the sleeves were split down to the sides. It was beautiful.

'Grayson, that's amazing'

He was startled by my presence as I was basically peeping over his arm. I move back and stand straight.

'Nah, I didn't like it'

'You sure? You seemed pretty into it' I ask confused, I saw how he looked at that dress, he probably imagined someone wearing it.

-Flashback ends-

Did he imagine me in that dress?