Part 3

'Mon! We are here!', I let out a sigh of relief when my parents come to my sight. I walked towards them a gave them a hug. It's rare that they come home in the daytime. They walked towards the kitchen and put the bags they had in their hands. I peeped into those bags to see two jars of Nutella. I jumped in excitement, open them quickly, grabbed a spoon from the cabinet and started eating it. I took a huge scoop of it and immediately let out a moan when my taste buds recognized the heavenly taste of Nutella spread in my mouth.

I am sorry, but I love Nutella. To death.

'Told you, we needed two jars', My dad said and mom laughed.

'What you do mean?', I asked.

'What he means is that he knew we would need another jar of Nutella. He already predicted that you will take one of them', mom chuckled.

'Not that I am complaining but why you did you buy it?' I asked. Because usually, they'd never buy Nutella unless and until I ask for it.

'A few guests are coming over tonight. Remember Marina? My best friend from High School?' she said while putting all of the things in their respective places.

'Yeah... I think I do. She had two kids, right? A guy and a girl?', I said remembering the times they used to come home. 'We were actually best friends.', Mom reminded me. Although I didn't remember their faces I did remember myself playing with two figures.

'Nicki!' I hear a squeal from a girl and I look to see my best friend, Gigi. I run towards her and hug her as she hugs me back. Behind her was my other best friend, Sunny. We all had the weirdest nicknames for each other. I hug him too and he laughs.

'Come on! Let's go outside! I have something to show you!' Gigi says and we follow her outside. Her car was parked on the other side of the road. We hear someone shout at Gigi and as she looks back she...

'Mon', I hear mom calling out to me and I snap out of this quaint memory.

'Gigi and Sunny' I said furrowing my eyebrows. When I looked at mom and her eyes were watery. Did I say something wrong?, I wondered.

'Monica, go to your room and finish eating over there', Dad insisted. I shrugged my shoulders and snuggled back into my covers. I turned on the air conditioner, unlocked my phone and started scrolling through my Instagram feed.

After an hour or so, I called up Raven and invited her to come home early as I was getting very bored. I told her to stop by in 15 mins and she agreed. I went down to make us some popcorn and grabbed the candies and carried them to my room. On my way, I saw mom and dad cuddling in front of the tv with the blanket wrapped around them. I walked towards them and switched off the tv, I smiled at them and move towards my room.

It's amazing how they still love each other, their love story is amazing and unique. I want a guy who can handle-handle me. Only if you get it...

Soon Raven came and we did the classics, we gossiped, we sang, we danced, we ate and watched tv shows. Once again the doorbell rang after a really long time and I heard my name being called out. Oh, shoot! I completely forgot that guests were coming! I looked at myself in the mirror and groaned internally. I was a mess!! I was wearing my pj's and my hair seemed to be all over the place. Sometimes, I felt bad for Raven as she has to look at this face every single day. I quickly changed into some black jeans and a grey hooded crop top. I honestly thought this was better than the pj with ducks printed all over.

I ran downstairs but stopped immediately when two adults came into my sight. I straightened myself out and walk towards them. The lady looked towards me and damn, she looked really familiar and so did the man. She came forward, squished my cheeks and pinched them whilst cooing at me. I smiled and scrunched my nose at her.

'It's been so long!!', she exclaimed. But the thing was, I didn't exactly remember her. I knew she was the mother of my two best friends but I didn't remember her name.

'It's Marina and that's Evan, do you remember us?'

'How could I ever forget?', I said smiling and shook hands with Evan as he came forward. They had always told me to call them by their names from the beginning.

Mom and dad took care from there and I headed upstairs so I could continue my time with Raven. I opened my door to see her jolt up and hide something. I knit my eyebrows together in confusion and narrowed my eyes at her. I looked at her and even she changed into some comfy clothes. She was biting back a smile and I immediately knew what she was having an evil plan in the stupid little brain of hers. I looked around to see if something was missing. In fact, something was, I just couldn't put my finger on it. I walked towards her but she beat me and ran outside. I walked instead of running because I am kind of clumsy and I could fall... it's not funny, it's something serious...

'Birdy, for god's sake give me my phone!', I whined as she tried to unlock my phone. She doesn't know my password and the only thing I was concerned about was that she might lock it.

'Do you know the password?' she asked my mom. Mom glanced at me with a smile. I know my mom and trust me guys, it's wasn't a genuine one, it was an evil one. Mom whispered something in her ear and her face lit up. I immediately knew it was the password and I whined.

'Mom!!!'

'Sorry', probably not. This was betrayal from my own mother.

'Oh, by the way, this is Raven, Monica's friend', my mom said as she spoke to Marina and Evan, there was one more figure but then, for that time I ignored the guy. 'Why do you need it anyway?', mom asked

'She got a text from an unknown number and I am 100% sure it's a guy', she said and my eyes immediately grew wide. What if it was Grayson?!

'Excuse me? Young lady, are you talking to a guy who is completely unknown?' , My mom asked as she shot daggers at me from her eyes.

'Not only that, he called her sunshine', Raven chided and I internally cried. It is GRAYSON!!

'Monica!', mom raised her voice.

'Honey calm down, it's just a guy', Dad says calmly but that doesn't affect her. In usual cases, dads are overprotective, but in my family, we have the almighty mother. I know, I know, every girl has an overprotective dad but I have my momma, deal with it.

Okay, focus Mon! No time to pass!

'Thank you dad' I whispered when I walked around the table so only he could hear it. 'Birdy, you either hand me the phone or else be prepared to dig your own grave' I threatened Raven.

'You are dating a guy and I don't know about it?', she asked, surprised.

'I am not dating him!'

'Then why are you blushing?', she looked up at me and smirked. I did not even know I was blushing. I touched my cheeks to feel them slightly warm. 'See? You aren't even sure of yourself', Raven's smirk growing even wider. I rolled my eyes at her and she chuckled and looked back at the phone.

'You know what? Read the chats. I don't care. You'll understand it is useless', I said, completely giving up at her because I know she won't leave me until she is done reading every single word. I look at her and then my eyes move down to the person sitting on the couch and my eyes widen in shock. At that moment, only one question arose in my brain.

What is he doing here?

-- 

I hope you guys are enjoying! Thank you for the reads, but please don't forget to vote! Thank you!

Word Count - 1370