Part 14

'Guys! Go to the car I'll be right back'

'No sunshine! Get down! Now', his eyes widened and he immediately pulled my hand

'It will take time, you guys go, I'll manage' I got out of his grip and he immediately shook his head

'No sunshine, don't. I don't care about the paper. Come back'

'Grayson, I'll be back I won't die. Go before you guys are in trouble', I said and Raven's hand found Grayson's. They left. I felt a little pang of jealousy, shrugged it off and immediately hid under the big table. Luckily, the chairs were big enough to cover most of me. I heard footsteps coming closer and my heart beating faster.

'Here, I kept these files outside', I heard a man's voice and I looked between the gaps and saw two male figures. I had no idea who they were but I was freaking out. I made sure that I didn't move an inch as they walked.

'This girl has a clean record', another man's voice was heard. He walked and he stopped right beside me. I widened my eyes and covered my mouth with my hands so that they couldn't even hear me breathing. They both pulled out a chair and sat on them. I closed my eyes and tried not to panic.

Deep breaths, Mon. Deep breaths.

'We have to do something with her, it's her order'

Whose order? Do what with someone?

'We have to kill her, that's our only option'

'Even her records are clean'

'Yup she told me they were best friends for a really long time, they did everything together'

'So cliche'

'So true'

Suddenly something started ringing and I realized it was my phone. I quickly searched for my phone in my pocket and switched it off. My breathing was unbalanced as something dropped from their hands, there were two files.

'Did you hear that?'

I widened my eyes and prayed. Please don't look down. Nothing happened!!!

'Whatever it was, it scared me', soon a hand reached down and my eyes widened. I knew I was dead. 

'GUYS! WE GOTTA MOVE NOW! THE SECURITY KNOWS WE ARE HERE' another man comes in yelling and both of them curse. They run and I let out a sigh of relief as the door shuts. I looked at the files and my eyes widened in shock. Those files had mine and Raven's name. 

Those were our records. 

We were best friends for a really long time.

We did everything together.

Our records were clean.

Were they talking about us? 

I have no connections with these type of people whatsoever. Does Raven...? 

No, this isn't possible. Raven can't be involved in things like these. She is a good girl, from a good family. There is no way she was the one to give them the order. They said they had to do something with 'her'. They said they had to kill 'her'. 

Was I going to die? I didn't know these people, so there was no way I could give them this kind of order. Even if I did, I would never plan on killing someone. Does Raven have anything to do with this? Not possible, her parents are really strict. Her parents keep an eye on her and as far as I know Mrs. Thorne, would never allow Raven to do anything of this sort. 

This probably is a big misunderstanding. They chose the wrong files. It definitely isn't us. We didn't do anything, we are good people. How about I forget whatever happened and concentrate? How dumb could I be? I could have just taken a picture. I quickly took a picture and carefully got out of the conference room. I kept the paper in Ms. Sparks' office and ran, literally ran, for the car outside. Once I saw everything was clear, I ran outside and closed the gate behind me. I saw the car ahead and I ran towards the car. Raven was sitting in the front. Without arguing, I sat behind. 

'Everything alright?' Zander asked. I nod and tell him to drive. He drove and I silently watched the road. I felt tears pool up and I rest my head on Grayson's shoulder. He intertwined our hands and rubbed the back of my hand. The warmth made me feel a lot better and I felt my breathing return back to a normal pace and I calmed down a little.

'So... Who was there?' Raven asks

'No one it was the security guard, he probably saw the car or something. I don't know' Lies. But Raven brought it.

'Did he see you or something?'

'If he did, I would have been dead by now' I let out a little chuckle and Zander looked at Raven but Raven held no emotion, she did not even look at Zander.

'Anyways, I took a picture of the paper. I'll WhatsApp you guys. Don't worry'

'I am never ever letting you go anywhere alone' Grayson whispers.

'Calm down Grayson, it was just the guard' Lies, lies, lies!

'What if it was the same guy from the other night? What would have happened then?' he whispers pouting.

'But nothing did, don't worry about it' I say and rub my nose against his. He scrunched up his face in a cute manner and I chuckled. I rested my cheek on his shoulder and he kissed my hair. I closed my eyes to stop myself from crying. Why was I even crying? Even if something happens, I know I have two greatest people to help me out. Zander and Grayson. I know they will never leave me or hurt me. Right?