Part 7

Beep-beep-beep-

I flutter my eyes open as something was ringing IN MY EAR. Well not in my ear but beside my ear.

'What is your problem?'

'Monica?'

Oops, mom!

'Mom! I am so sorry'

'It's fine honey, what happened?'

'Nothing I just thought it was someone else'

'Okay, Monica. Now I know we don't meet each other a lot but your dad and I are going to Boston. We won't be here for a few weeks. Also, I have kept breakfast ready it's downstairs in the kitchen'

'For a few weeks?!'

'Seriously, that's the only thing you heard?' 

'I heard you, but a few weeks? How many weeks?'

'That depends on work, we have no control over that'

'Okay,' I said excitedly but then immediately changed my tone. 'I am going to be home alone? For weeks?!'

'Don't be so excited, you are staying with Marina'.

.

Marina and Evan, hmm. Which means Grayson! Wait, what?

'Can't I just stay alone?'

'No, you aren't safe alone. Grayson would be there to keep you occupied. Don't trouble them. Okay?'

'Mom... Fine'

'Anyways, I just wanted to inform you that', I hear something move but then I was too lazy to get up. I looked around from one side of the room and nothing happened. It was probably from the other line. Whatever.

'Okay'

'Bye, I love you'

'I love you too, take care'

I ended the call. I sigh and shift myself, so that I was facing the other side of the room. I immediately regretted it thinking that the sun would shine brightly in my eyes.

'Sunshine'

But for some good reason, I wasn't getting it. I flickered my eyes open to see a huge figure. I screamed on top of my lungs but when I saw who it was, I visibly calmed down.

'Grayson, what are you doing here at this time?'

'Who were you talking to?'

'Huh?'

'Don' t play dumb Monica! Who were you talking to?', his face was red. Literally red.

'My- mom'

He then mumbled something which I couldn't hear because I was too far away. I tried to read his lips but then again, it was too blur and far as I didn't have my glasses on.

'Grayson?'

'Sorry, I shouldn't have shown up like that'

Did he apologize?

'Grayson it's fine. Chill', I chuckled and he soon joined me.

'Anyway, get ready I am taking you out for breakfast.'

'Mom already prepared breakfast', I said, smirking.

'That's is a mean way of saying you aren't interested.'

'Aw, Grayson Hannigan got rejected?', I mimicked in a baby voice and pinched his cheeks. He removed my hand from his face and gave me a cold glare.