Part 10

Coming back from Zander's place, made me feel a lot better. I never thought I would do something like that but I was doing it. I was never like this before, I was a good girl.

But guess what?

Good is the new Bad.

Wow, good job. Monica! I internally patted my back as I was very proud of what I just did there. Soon, I was at Grayson's place, well actually in the garage with Veronica. I deactivated her as I got out of the car. I grabbed my duffel bag and headed towards the back door which lead me to the kitchen. I rather grabbed some food as well. I walked and twisted the knob. I heard something from the other side, so I opened the door to see something I shouldn't never have seen. I convinced myself not to build a pool of tears for the scene in front me and the scene what that was about to happen if I hadn't interrupted.

'Listen, Monica I-' he followed me. I continued with what I was planning to do. Eat food. Don't focus on him.

'Will you let me talk?', he said in a hushed tone.

'What? No! Leave me alone and go home. This is over'. I heard a loud stomp but I couldn't care less. I grabbed a box of cookies and headed up to the guest room.

'Listen, Monica!' he called out but I didn't look behind.

'Monica will you at least listen to me!', he grabbed my hand,turned me around until I was facing him. I abruptly got my hand out of his grip and he looked at me with something in his eyes which I was too tired and frustrated to read. He tried to search for something as well, but I just kept a blank face.

'I am sorry' he said after a long pause.

'What are you even sorry for?' I asked chuckling. Fake.

'F-for whatever you saw down there, it meant nothing', he said trying to convince me.

'It's doesn't matter Grayson, I don't like you. Caring about you doing nasty stuff with another girl is the last thing I would want to care about.', with that, I turned on my heels without looking behind or saying another word.

'The last door to your right', he said referring to my room. I twisted the knob of my room and immediately fell flat on the bed. The tears were still there.

Let it out, this will be the last time you are ever going to cry.

With that, a couple of tears fall from my eyes, rolling down my cheek. I wiped my tears and rubbed my eyes making a promise that I will not cry, especially for a guy like Grayson. I locked the door and changed into comfortable clothes. I stretched and got into the comfy sheets. I sighed as Skylar's words echoed in my head. Today was a long day.

I flickered my eyes open as I could hear knocking from the other end. I stretched and lazily got out of bed. I stopped a second and heard the doorknob twist open. What if it was the guy I didn't want to see?

'Who's there?'

'It's Marina', the other side answered and I sighed, opening the door.

'Good mor- Hey, what happened?' I look at her confused.

'You seemed to have had a pretty rough time last night', she said and I shrugged it off. She seemed a bit worried but then she didn't push it. I was so glad that she didn't ask me anything else.

'Anyways, the breakfast is downstairs, Evan and I are leaving for work, so Grayson will be the one to drive you there. Is that good?' No! Not good! Not at all!!

'Fine' I said. Lies.

I freshened up and got ready very quickly. I was wearing a tank top, a leather jacket along with high waisted shorts. I looked pretty cute you could say. After all, I was ready for some fun. I headed downstairs to see Grayson sitting there staring at absolutely nothing. I wanted to go do something but I couldn't. Damn you, Knight. I grabbed a granola bar and started eating it.

'Mom made pancakes', Grayson said in a low and tired voice. He didn't sleep last night.

'I-I am not hungry'

'Fine,let's go'

'I am taking Roni,' he gave me a questionable look and our eyes met. Thousands of firecrackers were bursting inside of me whereas on the other hand, Grayson had a blank face. I put on my blank face as well, we could say I tried. My cheeks were still burning from the way he was looking at me.

He is just standing over there, waiting for your answer!

Exactly! He is just standing there!

'Veronica, my car'. He raised his eyebrow and nodded his head.

'Can I join?' he asked out of the blue and I hesitated.

No.

'Yes',WHAT?! This is going completely off tracks. Get it all together Mon! I could see him grin from the corner of my eye. Oh really? Well, you can play this game, Hannigan. I shrugged and walked towards my car. We reached school in no time. We were pretty early, but I said I needed to go somewhere. I lied and he seemed as if he brought. As he left, I went to the library. I entered and let my bag swing down my shoulders and sat on the couch.

'Hey sunshine, what are you up to?'

Damn, Grayson! Can't you leave me alone?

I opened my eyes to see Grayson. Not. Ash, Ash Micheals was standing. Why in the world would he call me sunshine?

'Oh, Ash. Hey'

'You-uh seemed pretty tired over there'. I nodded, he was right.

'You are going to tell me yourself or do I have to ask you?'

'What makes you think I can trust you?'

'Maybe when I tell you, I like you'. I almost choked on air. Ash Micheals? Like THE Ash Micheals likes me?!

'What?'

'Easy there. Come on now tell me what happened', he chuckled and I let out a little sigh but gave in. I opened my mouth to say something but then I had a sudden flashback.

-Flashback-

'Hey!' I turn around as I was called by some guy. Ash Micheals.

'You are Monica, right?' he asks as he approaches me.

'Yeah, may I help you?' I ask

'Yes, maybe if you could come to my party tonight, it would be helpful', he asked.

'Su-' I was cut off by someone. Before I knew what was happening, Ash was thrown towards the lockers with a loud thud. I winced and regained my focus to see who did that. Zander Knight. The school's second bad boy.

'Back off, unless and until you want your head to be ripped off' he hissed and Ash seemed to be calm in this entire situation

'A promise is a promise' He says so low, I almost lost it. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion at his words. Promise? What promise?

-Flashback ends-

Zander would never hit anyone out of the blue as far as I know. A promise. What promise? What was Ash's promise?

--

Do you like this chapter so far? If you do then please comment your opinions, it would really help me. 

Vote and share!