Chapter Twenty-Eight

FINALLY! It's up! Beta-ed by @SleepyNinjaa. Thank you a lot ^^ . To readers, the previous chapters before this has not been proofread yet but once the book is complete, SleepyNinjaa will look into it for grammars, etc. Can't thank her enough to accept the request especially on a nearly 200 + pages book. It's tough. (Sorry, Sleepy!)

Other than that, thank you for all the reviews/votes/etc on previous chapter! It means a lot ^^ Now, let us haste to the chapter,shall we?

Song Used in this Chapter  (Thank you IamRiaylle for songs recommendation) 
- ENAMEL by SID (Kuroshitsuji Book of Circus opening song)
-Shinkai No Kodoku by Houko Kouwashima (Stellar Louiser character song)
- Proof Of Life (Kagamine Rin) - by VALSHE (YOU MUST CHECK THIS OUT ON THE MEDIA LINK!) :)

____________________________________________

Previous on Chapter 27

"Happy Birthday, Kuroko-chii!" 

“He was a hired assassin that was sent to dispose you.”

“Why are all these happening…?”

“There’s nothing we can do but to watch…” Midorima bit his lower lip.

“THAT BITCH STOLE MY SEIJURO FROM ME! SHE’S THE ONE WHO TOOK EVERYTHING AWAY FROM ME!” Luka screamed at the top of her lungs.

“Thank you for saving my sister…I should have trusted you back then…”

“I…don’t …want…to…see…you…guys…any…more…”

 _______________________________

Aomine throws himself on the couch, while the others took their seats in the meeting room while waiting for their Tour Chief Director slash their agency president, Nijimura Shuzo to arrive. The bassist yawned as he made himself comfortable on the couch, “I’m totally wiped out~” he stretched his arms. Satsuki whacked his legs with the folded file, “Dai-chan, legs off of  the couch!” the bassist clicked his tongue, “Yeah, yeah, quit hitting me!” he put his legs down.

“Aomine, you shouldn't be like that to ladies.” Hibiki sat down next to Mayuzumi and Nana. Satsuki’s eyes sparkled, “Yes, yes! That’s right, Dai-chan, you should be more polite to ladies!” her childhood friend snorted, “The only lady I can see here is Nana. No one else.” He crossed his arms behind his head as he leaned back against the couch.

“AHO-MINE!!” she pouted. Everyone laughed, “That’s what you get for saying things like that. We learnt the hard way with Nana here.” Mayuzumi commented, earning a death glare from the said vocalist.

Nijimura who was outside the meeting room, chuckled as he watched his musicians bonded, “It’s like looking at a portrait except it’s an incomplete portrait…” his smile fell. The bluenette’s presence truly did affect them. One might not notice it, but the life the songs had on the first day of their tour had vanished on the second performance.

After returning from Tokyo, Kagami had been working himself to the bone. He did not speak much of what had happened when they went to visit Kuroko but Nijimura knows it has to be something with Kuroko. Kagami never let other personal matter get in the way with his work unless it is Kuroko. In a way, Nijimura understood why the bassist turned out like this.

He longingly looked at the screen of his phone. A wallpaper of a teenage girl in her 15’s with long black hair, with the same eyes as his, hugged him playfully. He was 24 when he lost his sister due to her illness. He was just a manager at a talent agency; his salary was not enough to keep paying for his sister’s medical expenses. It was during the winter, where the snow was falling heavier than usual. The ambulance could not make it in time to their house. She passed away in peace, in his arms.