Chapter Twenty-Five

A/N - The long awaited chapter 25 is finally up! So sorry for taking so long. I run into some problem in the plot and it took me a while to fix it but here it is now! Tons of feels and some KiKuro moments in this chapter. Enjoy reading! Also, 4 more chapters to go! Are you ready for the end of a story? 

Please don't forget to review and vote! It means a lot! 

____________________________________

Previous on Chapter 24

"As… long… as… I'm still… alive, I … won't …give… up on …my body. I'll …keep… mo…ving… even… if it…ta…kes… every… ounce… ofmy… str…ength. I… still… want… to… live… my… life." 

"A defective piece's no longer useable for me, dispose both of them."

'I wish you're here…Sei'

"He's a wanted assassin in America." 

 "Doctor Midorima, no matter how much she's funding for us, there is nothing we can do. Now, if you will excuse us." 

"Haizaki-san, you're a very kind man. I'm glad that we're friends."

"My condolence, Haizaki Shogo."

______________________________

A year and 10 months ago,

He was preparing for dinner when he heard the doorbell of his apartment rang. He sighed as he turns off the fire and puts down his ladle aside. Leaving his pot of curry, he made a beeline towards the front door. On his way, he passed by his living room, his forehead creased at the time on the clock. He sighed as he puts on his slippers.

‘I told them I would go downtown first thing in the morning.”

He grabs a hold of the doorknob and opens it, “It’s a bit late for a visit, why don’t you—“ his black orbs falls onto a familiar spiky crimson haired with hetero orbs who was looking a little bit disheveled.

There, stood the vocalist of Generation of Miracles, Akashi Seijuro. He was carrying a bag pack on his shoulder and his guitar bag. For him to dress up so casually while outside his apartment was odd. He bowed his head a little, “Reo. Good evening.” He straightened his back up.

The taller vocalist blinks, “Sei-chan? Why are you here?” he saw traces of exhaustion on the other vocalist face. He doesn’t usually look so exhausted and untidy like he was then. He knows Akashi often puts up a very professional look at all time and to come over to someone else’s home at this late hour has made it even more confusing.

‘He looks like a lost puppy…’

“Can I stay over for tonight?” There were so many questions that Reo wanted to ask, but he figures he should ask him later when he settles down. He moves to the side as he lets Akashi into his apartment before he closed the door. The curry he was cooking earlier was left to cold as he brought a cup of coffee for his old friend.

They chatted a little while before Reo invited him to have dinner together. Being friends since middle school brought back memories where the taller man often brought homemade bento for him. All because he thinks, Akashi’s a little skinny. After dinner, Reo showed him to the guest room. He never had a guest staying over so the room was hardly used.

The younger man seems to be in a daze every time he left him alone, as if there’s a lot in his mind but Reo leave him be until he’s ready to let it out. He knew Akashi has a lot going on and he knows there’s time the younger man would just lost in his thoughts completely without noticing someone saw him.