Chapter Fourteen

Sherlock took a long shower. He couldn't believe how good it felt cleaning off the invisible residue left by Jake. Even though Sherlock did enjoy the act of kissing (and the effect doing it with Jake had on John) Sherlock still resented Jake. He was simply a means to an end, a way to find Moriarty. For once in his life he couldn't wait for a case to be over.

When he got out of the shower Sherlock put on his lounge pants and blue house coat. He headed towards the window and the music stand on which his violin laid. The detective loved his violin, it could clear his head of all thoughts or it could help him focus on just a few. He didn't feel like composing so he just played an old piece which he had memorized long ago. He wanted to clear his head and think only of John Watson, but he knew he couldn't. He had to focus on one thing and one thing only, Moriarty.

As Sherlock began to play, his thoughts fixated on what he knew about Jim Moriarty.

Somehow Moriarty is alive. Somehow I missed something on the roof. Nonetheless his obsession with me persists and his game still ends with me dead.

The Women must have mentioned her suspicions of my feelings for John when they were working together. He thinks toying with John will hurt me...rather correctly unfortunately. For now he isn't trying to hurt John, that's what matters.

Jake works for Moriarty, since I am with Jake now John should be safe. Why would he think my feelings for John remain if I'm with his employee? Why would he go after John if I myself am in a compromising position.

Obviously I cannot let myself fall into Moriarty's hand but I need to make Jake talk. I need to extract information from him, but how? What is the best way to extract information from Mr.Rogers without blowing my cover?

Sherlock did not like the answer he thought of. He would just have to arrange to see Jake well John is around so they couldn't go any further then a few harmless kisses, plus there was a good chance that John would get jealous again. Two birds with one stone. Sherlock could live with that. He put down his violin and headed to bed, he wasn't healed yet so, to his annoyance, he needed the rest.

But as he began walking towards his bed he heard a "ping!" from his phone on the table. He reluctantly picked it up.

Body found. 753 Philpot Lane.
-Lestrade

Sherlock smirked to himself and darted up the stairs and into John's room, where he still had his head buried in the pillow, trying to fall asleep with little success.

"Wake up John, I hope your done being irrationally mad at me because I've got a new case and I need my blogger!" John looked up from his pillow and glared at Sherlock

"Irrationally mad!?" his voice was sharp as daggers, "No Sherlock, my madness is extremely 'rational'! You come home beaten and battered saying Morarity is alive, when in reality your just high off your mind! Then you just up and leave the flat with no word after we fight. And then the cherry on top is when I walk in to you pinned against the wall making out with someone you hated so much that you hit them for being my friend! So ya Sherlock I'm mad but very rationally so!" John yelled his face red from anger.

"John I'm not using and all of your other reasons are rubbish reasons to be upset. Stop being so childish." Sherlock rolled his eyes.

"Childish!? Oh that's rich Sherlock! You are a grown man who can't even pick up his own socks!"

"Don't be absurd of course I can pick up my socks, I just don't. Waste of time. Besides I'm not the immature person throwing a fit and keeping us from a crime scene right now, am I?"

"No your just an arse!"

"Well I suppose if you think that then I could just get Jake to help me!" Sherlock spat. "I suppose he has some understanding of forensics." John's eyes widened, that was it. He picked up the first thing he saw and propelled it at Sherlock's head.

A few minutes later Lastrade's phone lite up.

Won't be coming. Possible concussion.

-SH