King of the Dead?

The room was terrifying... No it was more than terrifying, it was ghastly. The moss-covered, black stone walls were dripping with a dull, red liquid. The air smelled foul and filled our heads with an ache.

A purple carpet rolled from our feet and stopped at the end of the room, right at the foot of a throne.

Now, you may be thinking that this would be your typical comicly cheesey "Lord of the Dead's Throne". You're way off if you though that. It was about the size of a phone booth and was a glittering silver color. It had normal silver arm rests and legs but the back rest and top made the scariest feature of the throne.

The back rest was made from seven human spines that were hardened in silver. The very top of the back rest was decorated with a skull on each point.

Even though the skulls lacked eyes, I felt as though they were watching me. I couldn't swallow the hard lump in my throat.

A smaller more human sized throne sat beside the large one. It was all white and looked like a luxurious store model that was fit for a queen. My stomach dropped....

To my relief, the throne was empty and the purple pillow in the seat was not even dented. I let out a small sigh and tried to look away from the throne. Gargoyles lined both sides of the purple carpet and grinned with their cold faces.

"This is a....mess..." I heard Adrian murmur.

"Where is the lucky groom?" Ares asked with a smirk.

"What are you talking about?" Sonar asked.

"Tell 'em Red." Ares mused.

"Tell us what?" Vectra asked with a confused look.

"I, uh...." I whispered with a red face.

"You what?" Sonar said.

"Hades...he..." I choked.

"It'll be ok SheWolf...Just tell them." Adrian reassured me while putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Hades wants me to marry him so Rory's soul can be returned to his body. I know Rory is a total idiot and all but I don't want to sink to his level." I was sobbing at that point out of fear.

"You're crazy!" Sonar mumbled.

"She's trying to get my Rory back!" Vectra said while scraping her foot on the ground.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Adrian asked while frowning and giving me a concerned look.

"I have to... Or else I'll probably get killed and we don't need two dead Defenders..." I sniffed.

"But....we won't see you ever again...." Sonar said.

"It's better to loose one than two..." I said while holding back more tears.

"I can help you!" I heard a girl yell from somewhere.

"Who's there?" Sonar asked.

"I've been hiding this whole time! It is I Quella! I am queen of the skies. Well, I haven't been out of the underworld for a while. Hades had me hostage and then some girl came in, she was shouting and everything. Then she cast a spell on him and then he got all love crazy and she left." Quella said. She was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans and knee high brown boots. She also had a leather jacket and red hair.

"When was this?" Ares demanded.

"Ohh... Maybe a day or two ago? Three?" She replied with spunk.

"So, Hades was cursed or something?" Sonar asked.

"Yes. Something about marriage or Zeus' new prodigy or maybe Zeus was marrying his prodigy but I th--." Was all that Quella could say before Adrian interrupted.