Meeting Vectra

I hadn't slept that whole night. Sonar finally started to wake up when I walked over to the edge of the water at the cave entrance. I took my boots off and soaked my feet in the cool ocean.

"SheWolf?"

"Yeah?" My voice echoed against the blue, glowing walls.

"The gash isn't on my leg anymore. It's gone!"

"No way! That thing was like three inches deep. It's gone?"

"Yes! I can't believe it!"

I ran over to check it out. To my amazement, it was gone.

"That's unbelievable!" I gasped.

"You're welcome." A cheery female voice chirped from somewhere in the cave.

"Huh?? Who's there?" Sonar and I said simultaneously.

"I said, you're welcome." She walked out into our view.

She was wearing a silver bodysuit with purple boots. Her hair was brown and curly with silver tips. A small, clear box filled with vials of different liquids. Medicine I suppose

"Um, hi. What's your name?" Sonar asked.

"I'm Vectra."

"Well I'm SheWolf and he's Sonar." I said holding my hand out.

She shook my hand and then Sonar's.

"Haha, I know your names. So where's that third Defender? He's some kind of dreamy."

Sonar and I exchanged disgusted glances.

"Rory?" He asked. "Yeah he's dead. Well as far as I know he is."

"That's sucks." She pouted.

"We'll get him back, maybe." I said.

"It's ok. He was a jerk to us anyways." Sonar added.

"On a different note," I asked, "How did you fix Sonar's leg, and how did you know there was supposed to be three of us?"

"I'm from Wolvesburg too, you know. I was actually a fan of you three and I wanted to join your team, so I took my college books with me to the nuclear power plant and jumped into some radioactive waste with them. I came out with brain powers like, telepathy/mind reading, telekinesis, and the occasional storm." She exclaimed.

"Go on." I said.

"Well, I made myself this costume and headed up that mountain to your lair, only to find you missing. I decided to go on a walk until you guys got back, but I went into those icy woods or whatever and fell through a hole in the ground. I found out that the hole was a cave, so I followed it. After four days of walking, I saw a glowing, blue electronic looking forcefield on the walls. I followed it until I saw you guys. Sonar was laying on the ground asleep with a purple bandage tied around his leg and SheWolf, you were sitting against the opposite corner talking to yourself and maybe, crying I think."

"You were crying?" Sonar turned to me.

"Please continue, Vectra." I looked down and tried to hide the redness in my face.

"You had your back turned so I walked over to Sonar. The bandage was soiled the blood was leaking everywhere. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my emergency injury kit. I took out the skin healing vial and poured all of the liquid into his cut. The skin grew back and I went to hide until you woke up."

"I can't thank you enough." Sonar said.

"How can we repay you?" I asked.

"Please leg me join you team!!! Please!!"

"Sure thing!" I said.

"What great adventures are you guys up to now?"

"Well," Sonar said. "SheWolf and I are in a war with Neptune and Hades."

"Wow!"

"It's pretty cool." I added.

"Who do we fight first??" She burst into a fake vicious rage.

"Um...." Sonar blurbed.

"I need to talk to Sonar for a minute, Vectra. We'll be back here."

"Okay. Sounds great."

We walked into the rear of the cave and whispered.

"Does she seem uh....insane to you?" I asked.

"Not as insane as Blondie Locks." He laughed.

"She sounds like a good addition."

"Hey what if we b-."

"GUYS! GUYS!! HELP!!!!" Vectra was yelling.

"What's wrong?" I yelled.

"It's it's it's..."

"It's what??" Sonar asked.

"It's this guy with a beard and he's throwing water at me!!"

"Neptune." Sonar said with irritation.

"Let's go!" I yelled.

We both bolted for the cave and we were too late. He took Vectra.

"Follow him." Sonar demanded.