fouгтуоле: boyfriends, quidditch, and occulemency

It was an early hard monday and I'd been yawning endlessly as Severus went on about what we were brewing today. I was so exhausted, we spent about half of my sleeping time teaching me how to block my brain from the Dark Lord with occulemency and we were going to again during my third period and after.. I was just tired, he'd seen so much, thankfully nothing embarrassing yet. Neville had sat with me seeing as Draco decided he wanted to be with Pansy, whom was majorly crushing on him. But I mean, when was she not? Not that I didn't like Neville, he was a good friend to have. He was just clumsy, especially when it came to making potions. "You will all, be working in partners today". Snape went on, I yawned. "What potion are we making?" I asked whispering to Neville. "Amorentia". He answered. "Again?" I asked quietly. Neville shrugged. Y/n once again yawned. Trying to rub and force the tiredness out of her eyes.

It was a quiet class time, Nevillie and I would talk sometimes. He was kind of awkward. But a good pat on the shoulder type of friend. "Did you hear Draco quit on his quidditch team?" Neville asked me as he mixed in some ingredients while I stirred. "Yeah I heard, I was actually thinking of trying out". I admitted and stared at the cauldron while everyone, and I mean everyone turned their heads to stare. I tensed up as they all gawked in surprise and interest. A handful of everyone coming over and interrogating me, asking me several questions. Unable to answer all of them at once. I looked around helplessly.

"But you're a girl!"

"Are your reflexes good enough to be a seeker?"

"Why?!"

"Why are you telling Nevillie and not me?!"

"I wanna see that happen!"

"All of you! Get back to your desks! Y/n, stop distracting everyone". Snape seethed, he wasn't actually mad was he? No definitely not, he was just putting his usual front up because others are around. Everyone mumbled under their breathes and left. "Well that's cool". Neville commented after they all left, dismissing the subject.

"So you're really popular". Nevillie said making me furrow my brow. "What? No i'm not". I stated. He laughed to himself. "Don't be so modest, I mean everyone's always trying to talk to you". He said and took the whisk from me to take his turn, stirring for me while I cut some unprepared roots. "Well, I'm not! And if I was, why would that matter?" I laughed smiling at him. He shrugged. "Is it cool to be in slytherin? You always seem cool". Nevillie continued. I shrugged. "Sometimes it can suck". I muttered, remembering what the older kids used to do to me. Thank god they left me alone, well, for now. I felt as though soon their going to get bored.. Especially their types of people..

"I hope you try out, it'd be cool to see a girl slytherin on the quidditch team, we never see that". He went on, making me smile at my feet. "I suppose I will".

"I like your hair". Neville said out of nowhere, I let out a nervous laugh. "Thanks". I answered, feeling nervous. I never knew how to take compliments. They always felt so sudden, and strange. "So Y/n finally you got a boyfriend". Draco said stepping in teasingly. I hit his arm. "No! Neville is my friend". I fought, he chuckled at me smirking. "But seriously, are you ever going to date someone?" He asked me with a sarcastic smile. "Who says i'm not now". I grinned at him. His eyes widening. "And who are you to say that to me? I bet you haven't even had your first kiss yet". I picked on him causing his cheeks to heat up, his smile fading. Once again, everyone's heads turned in sheer curiosity. "SO YOU DO HAVE A BOYFRIEND!" Cassidy screamed from across the room. I could see from my peripheral Snape shifting in his seat watching sneakily. "Who is it?" Draco pressured stepping into my personal space. "None of your business". I replied tensing up. That was a mistake, great. Now the whole school will be talking about it.

"He's lucky whoever he is that's who". Neville said and stepped into Draco's view. I sense angry tension. "No I want to know who L/n". Draco said and pushed Neville out of the way.