тнiгтуsiж: I'm fine

third person, before school started, a week before

"Severus I need you to-"

"You always need me to do something".

"Listen to me. As your headmaster, respect me. This is about your pupil".

"What about her?"

"When she arrives, get as close as possible to her"

"Physical-"

"No, not physically. I've arranged her schedule personally, you two will be spending a lot of time together".

"Why?"

"Be appreciative, I see the way you look at her".

"Tch...".

"I want you to find out what happened that night".

"When she disappeared?"

"Yes, even use Legilimency if you must".

"Is that all you want?"

"I want you to also be nicer".

The professor scoffed, turning on his feet towards the exit of his headmasters office.

"Oh and Severus?"

Snape looked back at him stopping himself. "Good luck with her".

He squinted his eyes at him unsure of his exact meaning. He nodded and walked away slowly. Did he.. know? About them? Surely not. . .

-y/n's pov, first day of school, in the morning-

I stared hard at my schedule, my eye twitching. Why, was this punishment for my sins? Why, why?!

First period: potions

Second period: advanced potions

Third period: pro potions

Tutor: Professor Snape

I mean what the fu-

Was this planned?! Why, were all of my free electives with him?! I wasn't even -that- good at potions! I mean- with.. with the man I should be avoiding the most? I mean If I wasn't in my current predicament I'd be more flustered and excited than ever. But unfortunately I am not. .

I rubbed my eyes and stuck the damned schedule in my pocket. This was going to suck. Everything seems to suck a lot lately. I wasn't aloud to fail my lord, that'd be a death wish. If I ever wanted to get out of this I'd have to do my best and avoid any affection with him. Any connection, anything at all. . .

I gathered my supplies and breathed deep, staring at myself in the mirror. The first day. Would people recognize me? Would they ask what happened to me? What was going to happen? I honestly didn't want to find out. I walked down the hall away from our common room, dreading it. I shuddered as I neared the familiar classroom. I was tired, and I didn't want to be here. I wondered if my mom even knew I was okay. If she knew I was here. Did anyone know I was here?

I rubbed my face and sighed, entering the class and taking a seat in the middle, seeing as it had the only empty tables left. Draco plopped himself next to me. "How'd you sleep?" He asked me. "I slept quite alright". I responded lazily and rubbed my eyes. "You look awful". He said bluntly and I flickered my eyes to him. "Thanks". I mumbled and looked to see up front, out professor staring at me hard. "No I mean, you just look tired". He went on defensively. I laughed keeping the strong eye contact with my professor. He had a look of aggression, ambition, or something similar to that. "I think he has it out for you". Draco whispered to me about the teacher. "He always does for somebody". I mumbled. He nodded in agreement. "Never understood why you used to be obsessed with him".