Birthday Bloodshed

Last time:

"Yes, I do." Minato gulped at the devilish grin that spread across his childhood friend's face ... he instantly regretted asking ...

XXXXXXXXXX

It didn't matter how much he glared at that stupid calendar the date just wouldn't change! Sadly, that meant Naruto's birthday was on the day of the finals and the invasion ...

Minato pouted and traced the stone in his necklace, "It's not fair ..."

Kushina tapped Minato on the shoulder, "Ready to go? Hey, what's wrong?"

"Naruto's birthday lands on the day of the finals," Sighed Minato as he turned away from the calendar.

The redhead frowned, but then smirked, "Just celebrate the day before and stay up late." She said with a suggestive wink making the blonde blush, "Oh, here's my present for, Naruto. You're supposed to wear it for him and only that ... well, your necklace can be worn too." She handed her friend a small bag.

The hokage takes the bag and looks in, "Ok, what is-" He snaps the bag shut and his entire body turns red. "Please tell me you're not serious." He whimpers.

"Yes ... yes, I am" She said seriously before grinning, "Ok, time to go visit our jailbird. The others are outside so let's go!"

XXXXXXXXXX

The five Namikazes went to the lower level of Danzo's headquarters. After signing in they were escorted to Mito's cell.

"Daddy!" The teen ran up to the bars of her cell, "Can I go home now?" She whined.

Minato shook his head, "No, honey, we only came to wish you a happy birthday, but-"

Mito smiled, "Yay, what do I get?!"

Kushina shook her head, "Mito, we didn't get you any presents since you're in prison-"

"What? Why not? I want presents!" She pouted. Her brothers all sighed as they endured her sulking.

"If you behaved then you would've gotten presents."  Minato said with a sigh.

The jailbird glared, opened her mouth and out came a tantrum ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Naruto stepped out of the kitchen when he heard the door slam and saw Minato, "Hey, I was going to make some lunch, want some? What happened with Mito?"

The blonde sighed and shook his head, "Is it that obvious something happened?" Naruto nodded and the hokage sighed. "Do you think it was reasonable to not get her presents this year?"

"Presents, even on a birthday, should be for good behavior and she's not in prison for good behavior. I take it she flipped out." The mage deduced.

"Yes, damn my head hurts from her screaming. She used to be so sweet ... or was it always an act?" Groaned the hokage as he sat down at the table not realizing he set Kushina's present down too.

The magic user came up behind the blonde's seat so he could massage Minato's shoulders, an action that earned him a soft moan, "I don't think it was always an act ... she used to be the only reason I came back to your compound as a kid."

"Really? Ahh there." Minato moaned as Naruto started working out a bad knot.

"Yeah, she used to play with me. I would make golems to play with her too. Her favorite game was the bubble game, but she hasn't even brought that up since she was five. Then she started acting like you guys and I couldn't take it so I left." Naruto pinned the blonde to the chair before he start his usual fussing fit whenever this subject came up. "Don't start, Minato. It was a long time ago."