Chapter 10 ( Runaway )

Berlyn's Pov:

I'am half asleep when I feel that Cley put me down on my bed. I'm not in a deeper sleep by that time. I'm just feeling tired that's why I close my eyes but i'am still fully aware about what's happening.

After he laid me in my bed, I heard him talking to his dad on his cellphone. I don't want to eavesdrop or something but I have this feeling that I'm the one they are talking to.

So I got curious. Like always said, "Curiosity kills the Cat". And I feel like I'm already killed on the spot when I heard what he said.

"It's about Berlyn. My mate. She's the hybrid we been looking for." He said to his dad.

I've feel more curious so I listened carefully. Just for me to find out that they are planning to kill me. To get rid of me. I felt shock. Betrayed. Being fooled.

"I'm serious dad. That was our problem. You said that we will kill her the moment we find her."

I heard Cley. I heard him saying that. I felt hurt. I feel like I've been stabbed a million times. What was I've done wrong? Why did their going to kill me?

I trust him. I gave him a chance to get to know me. And on the process of getting to know each other, I gave in for the possibility that I might falling for him.

That I accepted him as my mate. He's important to me and all I want is to protect him even though I know that I'm a dangerous one. I'm being true to him.

But why? Why did they want to kill me? Because I'm a hybrid? Am I that dangerous? I'm not going to hurt him nor their pack. I know I can control myself when it comes to him and to everyone he loved the most.

Most of all I won't be able to hurt innocent people. I'm not that bad. I won't coz I know myself. If there is someone who knows me at all, it must be myself. No other than.

I don't want to hear it anymore that's why I decided to cover my ear with pillow. I pretend that I'm a sleep even though my heart is aching too much. All I want right now is to run away. Run as far as I can. I don't want to be near him again.

And I don't want to be killed by him. I'd rather died on the hands of rogues, hunter or vampire, but I can't take it if I'am being killed by him. That's too harsh and too hurt on my part.

I want to live long enough for me to achieve my dream. My dreams that I've been dreaming off before he came and bring me down.

I need to be far away from him no matter what. I keep calm and pretentious when I feel that he's laying beside me. A minutes later, I heared him snore. He's already fall asleep.

And that was the time I need to leave. With my duple bag, cellular phone and important documents I may needed to escape, I left my apartment.

I left him without even knowing my presence. It's hard to leave him like that. But it hurts me more if I choose to stay and accept the reality that he's going to kill me soon.

I ride in a bus for me to arrive in the airport. I need to travel in New York City. It's the only place I know he can't find me.

New York was a large city and if ever he look for me, I know he can't find me that easy. I've already talk to Leslie while I'm on my way to the airport.

I told her that I need to leave immediately. She already accepted my decision. She also lend me some money to my account that can help me to start a new life.

But of course I didn't tell her where i'am going. It's hard for me to lost my only bestfriend, but I need to do this. I know, someday, were gonna see each other again.