Chapter 2 ( His Mate)

Cley's Pov:

I open my eyes when I heared someone knocked on my door.

"Come in." I said half sleepy, while my room is look like a mess. My mom entered my room with a smile in her face.

"Good morning, son." She said.

"Morning mom. What time is it?" I ask.

"Four thirty, son. So, are you ready for school? " She ask.

School. Yeah. I need to go to school. But not in my previous school I've attended since I was in grade school until junior high.

My mom and dad decided to make me transfer on DVU this school year as a senior high student and I was planning to continue my degree there.

Well, it's not easy to transfer there coz my family is here in a small town of Forks, while DVU is in the city. I want to be with them always, specially I'm the next alpha of our pack. I don't want to be far away with them coz their my family I should taking care of.

But Alpha Wyne, my dad, decided to send me in DVU not only because of studies but he also want me to find my mate. I'm already eighteen and it's time for me to find my other half. Our future Luna.

I still remember when my eighteenth birthday comes. All the female wolves in our pack gathered here in our pack house for me to get to know them and choose my mate. But I failed.

Meaning, my mate is somewhere far away here in our pack house, also not here in our small town. And maybe dad is right. She's in the city, and I hope I found her there, soon.

"Yeah, I think so." I said.

"Don't worry son. You're safe there. DVU is our school, and you're dad have a good news for you." Mom smiled with the tought.

"Good news? About what?"

"That's for you to find out. Come on, let's eat breakfast. Your dad is waiting downstairs."

When we're finally in the kitchen, all of our wolf pack is there and my dad make an announcement.

"Listen, everyone. David Cley is going to the city, today. Together with our future beta, Andrei and the two warriors Erl and Allen. They are going to study there and of course find his mate. I've already receive a report from the OIC of DVU, and she said that there's also a werewolf studying there."

"Really, dad? How many?" I ask.

" She said almost ten?"

"Oh, I hope one of them is my mate." I said.

"We're hoping too, son. Okay, that's all for today. Let's eat."

After we eat, I take a bath and dress up. I wear the school uniform of DVU. When I finish everything, I leave my room with my luggage, and go to the driveway where Andrei, Erl and Allen waited.

When we all get in my car, we start to travel at least three hours. We arrive in my condo at exactly seven thirty. Our class is eight.

We're going to wait for the school bus. Honestly, we don't need a school bus to take us to DVU. I have my own car. But my dad told me that for me to find my mate, I need to be acquainted by all the student of DVU.

And it start with riding a school bus coz according to him, mostly half of students in DVU is in that bus every morning and afternoon.

When the bus arrived, we ride in and find a vacant seat. All the students in the bus focused their eyes on us, as if mesmerize by our looks. Well, who can ignore our looks, anyway. I chuckled.

My eyes focused on a vacant seat near the girl whose busy finding something in her back pack. She's not even bother to look at us that's why I can't see her face. When i cross the distance between her and sit beside her, I smell something.

"She's a wolf." I said making a link with Andrei, Allen and Erl.

"What? Who?" Andrei said through link.

" This girl beside me." I said.

I look at her. I want to make an eye contact with her but she refuse. Why do I have this feeling that she's avoiding me?

Even when I sit beside her she doesn't bother to look at me. She's now covering her face with that notebook as if pretending that she's reading it.

" Hi. " I said through link. I tried to link with her but she didn't respond. I know she's a wolf because I can smell her. But I don't know why she's acting like she didn't recognized me when I am just like her? I can't even see her face coz she's still covered by her notebook.

" Berlyn, what are you doing?" The other girl sitting next to her asked.

"Huh? Ahm, nothing Leslie. I just wanted to sleep a little bit while we're not yet in DVU." she replied.

So her name is Berlyn. When I hear her voice, there's something in it that makes me more curious about her. As if there's something in my head that pushing me to talk to her and make a move to see her face.

"Ahm, excuse me. Can I ask a question? " I said to her but she didn't reply. Instead her friend Leslie is the one who answered.

"Yeah, sure. What is it?" Leslie said with a smile in her face. When I look in her eyes, I automatically known that she's not the one I'm looking for. But I guess she's the only way who can help me, to talk to Berlyn.

"We're just new here in DVU. By the way I'm David Cley Del Valle. And your name is Leslie, right?"

"Ah-huh. Wait a minute, did you just say Del Valle? Oh my gosh! You're the only son of the owner and president of DVU? The one whose going to transfer in our class?"

"Well, luckily, yes. Why? How did you know?" I asked.

"Oh- my -gosh! Hey, Berlyn, wake up." Leslie said and she started to shake Berlyn's shoulder.

Maybe there's a little bit giggle the way she shake Berlyn that's why the notebook wherein serve as a cover on Berlyn's face suddenly fell off in her lap.

And that's when I saw her beautiful and angelic face. Her pointed nose, kissable lips, brown eyes and long eyelashes. Wow, she's perfect.

The moment I look at her, there's something on my head that keep on telling me that she's the one. The one I use to protect my whole life through. The one I can't live without. My mate. My other half. Our future Luna. She's the one I've been looking for this past few months.

"What is it? I'm sleeping, you know." She said to Leslie.

"Remember what I told you a minute ago?" Leslie said.

"You told me? About what?"

"About them." And Leslie pointed on me.

At last, she look at me. And the moment she laid her eyes on me, I've knew it. She really is. No other than.

I smile at her but she suddenly avoided our eye contact. She didn't even bother to smile back. What's wrong with her? Did she just ignore me? Or should I say she really ignore me.

What's wrong? I know I'm not mistaken. My wolf instinct is always right. Most specially when it comes to my mate. I know that she's the one. But why she doesn't feel the same way? That's what I'm going to find out.

When I was about to start a conversation with her, the school bus suddenly stop in front of DVU campus gate. All the students started to move. And before I'll be able to talk to her, she hurriedly take off the bus without even looking at me.

"Shit!" I murmur..

Author's Note:

Hi guys.... What do you think about the chapter two?

Are you curious whats going to happen next? Well, just continue reading guys... And thank you for your time to read my story.. More exciting happenings on next chapter. So just sit back, relax and read...