Chapter Five

Sideswipe:

He didn't know how long he had sat idle in the emptiness, doing nothing but processing a way out. Days? Years? He wasn't entirely sure. All he did was drift in an endless emptiness, his emotions dulled to the point of complete numbness, his thoughts were buzzing and it was hard for him to focus. The longer he floated in the limbo like state the harder it was to remember what he was fighting for. He began to get used to being in this place, and it wasn't good, he could feel himself fading more and more, and soon he felt he would lose his chance of ever being with Sunstreaker, and he would no doubt find his way to the well of sparks.

He couldn't let this chance slip! He had to get out!

But how could he? He tried and tried to get out, but there was no way.

He refused to give in, he wouldn't give up. He wouldn't allow himself to fade. So he waited for his chance, and waited, and waited, till his hope, his determination began to fade. So all he did was float endlessly in limbo, waiting, hoping for a chance to get out and escape. Even more time passed nd his hope was gone, and what he was fighting for was forgotten. He felt numb, his processor was foggy, and no matter how hard he tried he couldn't remember why he was in this endless place of darkness with only his spark lighting it up.

Finally he quit hanging on, he gave up, he had no reason for continuing, not that he could remember anyways. So as he 'closed' his processor's optics and he allowed the darkness to take him, ever so slowly he sank deeper and deeper into an unknown state, his fate unknown s he continued going deeper, and deeper.

Then there was a pull.

At first it was faint, but as he felt time pass he felt it grow stronger and stronger, confusion went over him as he tried to figure out what this pull was. It was foreign to him yet familiar at the same time. He felt the pull stop, and he thought nothing of it as he once more allowed himself to be pulled into the unknown, but before he could go deeper he felt it again.

The pull was almost painful, and it was his spark doing the pulling. He felt something within himself awaken, before a jolt of what felt to be electricity go through him, images of himself with another mech appeared in his processor and he felt himself awaken completely. He knew who he was, he knew how he got here, and most of all he knew why he wanted out!

His spark pulling and tugging aggressively to the presence on the other end of the bond, and though there was no response he knew who it was on the other end: Sunstreaker. At last he felt his twin! He felt his spark thrum with a dulled emotion that was similar to glee and excitement, and he tried fought against what was trying to pull him the opposite way of his brother with all he had. He knew he had to get out, because this was his very last chance to escape, if he didn't escape now it was all over for him, and perhaps for his twin as well.

As soon as he began to try and make his escape he felt a magnetic pull trying to bring him back into the place he figure was limbo. It was an almost painful pull, and he found himself being dragged back, opposite of the direction he wanted to go just like the other times he had tried to escape.

But not this time! Nothing was going to keep him from his twin, ever!

He felt a surge of rage, and his spark flared brightly and tendrils began flaring out like solar flares on the sun. He felt himself pulse and he pulled away from the force that was trying to keep him in death, he once more began to use Sunstreaker's spark pull to help him get out of limbo. With each tug he began to feel a light getting stronger and stronger, and each time he got closer to this light all sensations he had lacked when he was in limbo became more and more clear. His determination and his rage was clear now, and his goal was still set in his mind.