Chapter 27

"Gemma?"

"Yeah."

Louis looked around the room and chills ran up his spine, not understand Harry's capability of sleeping in the same room of his dead sister. The younger boy stood in the middle of the room and took in his surroundings, noticing the room belonged to in fact a girl, but younger than Louis has expected.

There was brush paintings on the wall, a small jewelry set on the white princess dresser along with kid make up, some dolls on the shelves, a bike in the corner of the room, and everything else that had no hint of Harry in it.

"T-This is your room?"

"yep."

"and your stuff?"

"in the guest room. I wouldn't dare clean out anything of Gemma's stuff. I don't want her to feel she's been forgotten."

Louis looked around the room and although he thought the gesture was thoughtful, Harry's way of thinking did not seem healthy.

Harry sat on the small twin bed with a strawberry shortcake comforter and signaled Louis to sit next to him, which he wanted to refuse but didn't want to risk the chances of finding out what really happened in this household, what made Harry who he was and affected the way he acted.

"I'm going to tell you now and I don't want you to interrupt me until I finish. if you do it before, you can forget about it and leave the room that instant. Do I make myself clear?"

"Y-Yeah sure."

Louis took a deep breath in unison with Harry, and placed a comforting hand on his thigh, which Harry noticed but did not comment on it.

"My First Sibling, I um. I ate him."

At that moment, Louis felt like asking a million questions and accusing him of how inhumane he was but stayed quiet, realizing what position he was in. He felt his tongue slide in between his teeth and get crushed by how badly he wanted to Say something but couldn't, eyes just widening at the confession and making him feel sick to his stomach.

"Well sorta. My mom and father 17 years ago decided they wanted to have children and well, me and my brother were created, one of us on accident. I don't know much about him because he was never born because I didn't allow for it to happen.  I actually didn't know till i was around five that I had killed my brother. We were twins you can say but....like...I didn't give him a chance to live. Supposedly mum said I had decided to be greedy and take all his nutrients away and he died in my mothers womb before he was even born. My mom and dad were very excited for us two but....I killed him. Although mums never told me, I know that's the reason why my father Daniel left. Even if he's around now, I know he wishes there was two of us. But....you know...I was selfish. I was a killer before I was even born...what an amazing trait is that."

Harry scoffed and Louis seemed to untense, realizing what Harry had just confessed.

The death of his first sibling was a reproductive accident. There was cases like these all the time where one twin mistakenly took energy from the other and didn't survive. It was more of the mothers fault actually, but Louis wouldn't dare to comment on that now.

He needed to be quiet.

and so far, it wasn't Harry's fault.

"My mom and father separated when I was 2. Like I said, I knew it was my fault, the two always fighting because my mom wanted another child and Daniel didn't want to try again. I should have known he wouldn't though. He was probably scared another one like me would be born."

Louis watched as Harry's face turned into a frown and tried to keep his posture unmoved, although he wasn't doing a very good job at it.

"My second sibling.....I just. I let her or him get taken away and I know for sure he or she dead because of my stupid mistakes."