Chapter 8

"N-Niall, I dont think we shoul-"

"Relax Louis, we're not leaving you behind."

Niall whispered in my ear and lowered his arm so it was wrapped around my waist, the gesture unexpected but comforting. I kept my head down as the footsteps became more audible, the chatter from my new friends disappearing and the grip from Nialls hand softening.

I raised my head when the footstep noises came to a stop, eyes meeting with angry ones at the end of the table where Sophia and Ashton sat.

I offered him a small smile yet the action seem ignored, his chest heavily rising up and down, and the choice I was so confident about now way long gone.

"Louis. May I have a word with you?"

"No, you actually cant Harry. Cant you see he's with his Friends."

My eyes widened as Niall beside me took the role in challenging my step brother, an act that would seem so foolish if he knew what he was capable of.

"Was I speaking to you?"

"You are now, Styles."

"Louis, come here."

"No Styles, you can talk to him later."

"Niall. I should go-"

"No Louis, you are enjoying a peaceful lunch, dont let your jerk of a brother keep you from us."

"Louis, if I have to ask you one more time..."

"What Styles? If you have to ask him one more time, youll what?"

"Niall pleas-"

"Louis, let me handle it. You are not going anywhere with this arse."

My palms began to sweat as I turned my attention back to my step brother and his eyes were cold hard as a rock. I could see his jaw clenching while Niall tightened his grip on me and pulled my body towards his.

The rest of my friends began to stand up and cross their arms, the girls telling Harry to go away and the guys standing as defense. My step brother was outnumbered, but I knew it wouldnt be for long.

The group he ussualy hanged out with began to walk towards us, but Harry turned around and told them to halt.

I could feel my stomach doing backflips when Harry's mouth twitched into a crooked smile, the act not a bit appealing to the mind.

"Alright, Alright Niall."

"Glad we came into agreement."

"I agree. I just hope Louis knows what hes doing."

"He does."

My step brother chuckled and I knew no good could come out of it.

Harry never laughed.

and if he did,

it ment he was causing pain.

"Yeah he does. I'll see you later then, Louis. You know where to meet me when we get home."

Shit.

My heart came out my chest when Harry turned around and began to walk away, my friends now laughing in triumph but my body dying with fear.

"No, Harry wait!"

I began to shake out of Nialls hold and he tightened his grip on me, making me panic ten times more.

"Niall, let go of me!"

"Louis, whats wrong?"

"I said let go of me!"