Chapter 14

I sat at the breakfast table in silence while I munched on some Oreos cereal Zayn had offered while pulling out three set of bowls. Apparently I wasnt the only one having a rough morning, Zayn and Harry both complaining to each other about the pounding in their heads but that symptom being something I couldn't relate to.

I didn't drink nor had an extreme hangover.

I kept my eyes away both boys and focused on the deliciously goodness of chocolate and milk in my mouth, ignoring the soft stares I felt on my head every so often by both the guys. It seem hunching over the table was the only way to seem normal, so I spent the following fifteen minutes in the same position.

After breakfast, I complied with my brothers orders of helping clean his best friends house, not really having a say so in it. However, I didnt mind due to how trashed it look and because seeing the place made me have some sympathy towards the guy when his parents came back home from what Zayn had mentioned, 'a parents weekend out.'

I scrunched my nose as I picked up endless amount of balloon looking rubbers that smelt weird and empty little bottles of unidentified gel on the floor.

Next I volunteered helping do the beds, the less tedious task I could manage and real easy to do.

Three hours later, we had left the place almost spotless and with zero signs of a party occurring in the home, apart by two broken vases the boy didnt even know had existed.

"Thanks mate, really appreciate your help."

"The least I could do Zaynie, thanks for letting me have the party here. My mom would have freaked."

"Thats what friends are for."

I looked away as Zayn engulfed my step brother in a friendly hug and kissed his cheek, chanting a small belated happy birthday after pulling apart. We were heading off the porch when I was suddenly engulfed one to, my first instinct being to pull away and in return, getting just a small smack to the head.

"Thanks to you too Baby Styles. You clean awfully good."

I looked at Zayn and he had his same old smirk plastered on his face, one to which I felt no appease at all. I grimaced and muttered a small 'thanks' which seemed appropriate enough for the occasion and turned back around to the exit.

I headed towards the car with my step brother not to far behind, feeling eyes at the back head which I so deeply wish I could get rid of.

"See you tomorrow Zaynie!!"

"You too, Harold!"

"Make sure to hide the leftover bottles. if theres any!!"

I rolled my eyes as Zayn began to laugh and my step brother followed along. I was already at my side of the car, waiting for Harry to unlock the door, when shivers ran down my spine.

"Make sure to ask Niall if his knees are sore. Saw him real busy last night. Real busyyyyy!"

My head immediately snapped up and my eyes locked with Zayn, the way his teeth flashed at me when my eyes widened showing no good news at all.

"Why would I do that?!"

My step brother turned back to his best friend and I desperately shook my hand signaling No, imaginably slitting my throat millions of time to the older boy.

He began to laugh while I almost shit my pants just standing there with a concerned face, not knowing whether he was going to pull through or not.

"Nothing man, nothing."

Harry shrugged and turned back to the car, unlocking it and stepping inside. I mimicked his actions but not before receiving a wink from Zayn, one that had my heart in my throat all the way back home.