HG42. Permanently

Chapter Forty Two

Narrator's Point of View

To say that Daniel was baffled, was an understatement. He wasn't sure if he would believe it. He became numb.

No words slipped past his mouth, no movement was made from his body, no nothing. He just stood there, confused and maybe a little broken hearted.

Kathryn still had that smug smirk upon her lips. She stood tall, not literally, since she was quite shorter than Daniel, but tall in a way that she had dominance.

Both of them knew that.

Maybe in the past, it was Daniel who was dominant, the boss. He may have poor little Kathryn's heart in his hands before, but look at how the tables have turned.

Kathryn was holding his heart, and she had the power to break it any second now.

"I-I.. I don't understa-"

"Of course you don't. You will never do." Kathryn cut his statement off. He's still out of words. It seems as if his whole neutral system stopped functioning and his mind was not working at all. He wasn't in deep thoughts, he was just simply not thinking.

Maybe the fact the he doesn't know what to think of got him to nowhere.

"I love you."

Daniel uttered the three words that he can only think of.

That's it. I love you.

It's funny how seven years ago, in this same place, this happened as well. But only now, Daniel was the one who's hurting.

Kathryn laughed.

"Oh now you do?" She asked. Daniel was still out of words. "Remember when I was begging you to love me back seven years ago?"

And that's when Daniel seemed to go back to normal.

How stupid could he be? Of course, Kathryn would seek for vengeance. What he did in the past was unbearable and this.... Well, he deserves this.

"Lumuhod ako sa harap mo noon, Daniel." She stated. She wasn't smiling or laughing; she's dead serious. "I begged you to love me back. Oh wait, I remember telling you na okay lang na hindi mo ako mahal, basta't hindi mo ako iiwan. Pero what did you do? Ipinamukha mo sa akin that I'm not good enough."

"I..." Daniel cleared his throat before talking again. "I'm sorry."

"What can your 'sorry' do now?" There, she said it. She said that one line that must have been used over six billion nine hundred thirty two thousand seven hundred one times.

If you look at Daniel now, he was standing normally. His face looked okay and there was no hint of hurt written across his face.

And Kathryn was pissed about it.

How could he be okay with this?

"That's why I did all of these, Kath. Kaya ko ginawa lahat to, to make it up for-"

"Make what up?" Kathryn asked, smiling sarcastically at him. "You have nothing to make up for! I'm not here for starting again, I'm here to make you feel what I felt seven years ago!"

"Ka-"

"I'm getting married."

And those three words made Daniel's whole limp that his legs were so weak, he practically kneeled in front of the woman who has his heart in chains. His breathing started to become unstable.

She's getting married? How?

"I had a boyfriend." She started. "I met him in Ne-"

"I don't wanna hear it." Daniel mumbled as he regained his breath. He was still on the ground, he couldn't move. "Please, tell me that this is all part of your plan." He begged and looked up to her. He scooted closer to her and kneeled directly in front of her. He tried to hold her hands but Kathryn shook his hands off.