HG31. Sunset

Chapter Thirty One

Spending time with Kath feels so great. Like, you know when you order a box of pizza? And then the pizza guy comes and ring your doorbell so you open the door and he hands you the pizza and you feel the warmth radiating from the box? That's how I feel when I'm with her. Happy, excited and warm.

"DJ, nandadaya ka naman eh." She pouted. I reached for her over the table and pinched her cheek. I couldn't help it. She's just too damn cute. "Go away!"

I laughed and continued pinching her cheek. "Aw, DJ!" She pouted once again.

"You are sooo cute!" I purred.

"And you're a cheater!" She hollered. "Nandadaya ka! No wonder you always win!"

"What?" I asked innocently. "Anong pandadaya ang ginagawa ko?"

"You're distracting me!" She argued.

"It's not my fault that I'm just naturally charming." I giggled.

"Ayoko na." She pouted and crossed her arms over her chest.

We're playing a game of chess in my condominium unit. We've played about three rounds, and Kath never won even just for once.

"Okay, so... what do you wanna do next?" I asked.

"Sleep." She mumbled.

"Not letting you sleep, darling." I stated and stood up. I opened my palm and reached out for hers. "Come on, sugarplum, get up. We're going out."

"Whyyyyy?" She whined. "I'm so tired. Definitely not in the mood for some adventures."

"Come on, Kathbaby." I pouted. "You're flight leaves in six hours. We might as well make the most of it, pumpkin."

She giggled and grabbed my hand as she stood up. "Well, you have a way of words, Mr. Padilla."

"Of course, I do, Kitty." I smirked and intertwined my hand to hers. "Let's go?"

"Saan ba tayo pupunta?" She asked.

I pulled her closer to me as we walked out of my unit. "I don't know, strawberry-bunch. Basta lalabas tayo."

She nodded and gave my hand a squeeze.

"You ready for some unplanned stuffs, baby doll?" I asked.

"Oh yes, I am, hot stuff."

--

"Okay, where the hell exactly are you taking me, DJ?" She asked. "We've been on the road for thirty minutes!"

"Hindi ko alam. Wala pa akong nakitang magandang place na puntahan eh." I answered. "Ayaw mo ba ito, babycakes? Driving to nowhere."

"Gusto." She answered. "Pero I only have, like, five hours na lang before I leave. I want to have fuuuun!"

"Masaya kaya 'to, munchkin." I defended.

"What's fun with driving?" She snorted.

"Getting lost," I answered, "driving to nowhere and talk about things."

"Oh, naubusan ka na ng endearment?" She asked and laughed.

"Hindi pa, lovebug." I answered and laughed as well.

"You cheeky bastard." She mumbled and then reclined her seat so she could lean back. "What do you wanna talk about?" She asked.

"It's up to you, honey bear."

"I wanna talk about places." She stated. "I've always wanna travel the world. Diba lagi kong sinasabi 'yan noon? So far, sa America pa lang ako nakapagtravel. I wanna explore the woooorld!"