HG7. Extraordinary Day

Chapter Seven (Dedicated to chitzieeXeii)

August 15, 2021. 7:23 am.

Maaga akong pumasok sa office ngayon. Marami kasing mga kailangang tapusin ngayon. Kagagaling ko lang sa Engineering Department.

Pagpasok ko sa office ko, nagulat ako nang may babaeng nakatayo sa may glass wall ko, overlooking at the city.

"Ms. Bernardo." sabi ko.

"Oh, D- Mr. Padilla. I'm sorry, sabi kasi nung secretary mo pumasok na lang ako. And I really like this gigantic glass window. So... hi." she blabbered.

"Hello, please take a seat." sabi ko.

She sat down on the seat for guests. May mala-living room na part kasi itong office ko. I sat on the opposite seat, so we were facing each other.

"Uhm, your secretary e-mailed me. She told me you wanted to speak to me personally?" she asked.

"Yup." sabi ko. "Before anything else, uhm, would you like something to eat or drink?"

"No thanks, Mr. Padilla." Rejection at its finest. "I just ate breakfast."

"Ahhhh, okay." I stated then coughed to clear my throat. "So..."

"What do you want to speak about?" she asked.

Teka, bakit ko ba siya pinatawag?

Shit, ang tanga mo DJ. Di ka man lang nag-isip nang maayos na rason!

Think, think!

"Ahhh, about your... uhm.... clothing apparel." sabi ko.

I saw her eyes widen with surprise. "Really? Uhm, you should've told me! Para naman makapagprepare ako. Diba you want me to present to you personally?"

"Yeah... but not today." sabi ko.

"Ha?" she asked. "Then why'd you wanna speak to me?"

Shit, DJ, think!

"Ahh, about the process of filing a business proposal." I professionally stated.

"Your assistant already e-mailed me the whole process." sabi niya. "File an appointment, send a writter business proposal, present personally, wait for app-" I interrupted her in the middle of her enumeration of the process.

"Uhm... I decided to change the whole process for you since your Daddy Ted's daughter."

Damn Aissa for sending her the details.

"Ha?" she asked. "I thought you wanted it fair."

"No-" I tried to protest but damn, her mouth is fast.

"No, Mr. Padilla, I will follow the process. It's okay, you don't have to give me a special treatment, if that's what you call it." then she smirked.

"Who told you I'm giving you a special treatment?" I asked. "As you see, adding another line in our company is kind of big. I just wanna say that the whole process would be much longer."

"Mr. Padilla, can you just tell me why you called me up?" she asked. "Don't give me lame excuses. I know you."

"Have lunch with me."