HG37. Lectures

Chapter Thirty Seven

"DJ?"

"Uhhh, hi Jon!" Katsumi cheerfully greeted him as he tried to stand up. "Kumusta ka, tol?" He asked, as if we didn't do anything. "Hoy mga tol, mag-hi naman kayo kay Jon." He told us, and I nearly bursted out in laughing, but Lester was still covering my mouth.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Jon asked. There was a hint of disappointment in his eyes, though I'm sure that he is nowhere near angry at this point. If I were him, I would have smacked the four of us in the head and repeatedly kicked our balls. Jon sure does have lots of patience and understanding running through his veins.

"Uhm...." Seth, who was now standing, trailed off. "We're, uhm, playing...." And again, I want to erupt into fits of laughter but I couldn't, considering the fact that I felt uncomfortable with me and Lester's position.

"Playing?" Jon asked, then he looked at me straight in the eyes. If only Lester's hand was out of the way, I could've smiled at him, but I couldn't. So I raised my hand and waved at him. He looked back at Seth and Katsumi who was awkwardly standing in front of him.

"Uhm, hide and seek." Katsumi answered, looking down at the concrete floor. "I, uhm, we.... we kind of uhm, went too far. We're uhm, hiding from the girls. And.... Seth, saw this pla-"

"Tangina, ba't ako?!" Seth interrupted Katsumi, which earned him a smack in the face. "Oo na, ako na. Tangina, gago ka." He cursed under his breath.

"As I was, uhm, saying...." Katsumi started again. "Seth saw this place and he thought that this was a.... uhm, good place to hide. And damn, he's right. Hindi pa kami nahanap ng mga girls." He tried to add some humor but none of us laugh. Again, I would have laughed at his attempt to be hilarious, but Lester was still covering my mouth.

"Okay." Jon bought Katsumi's lame excuse. Really, Jon? Really? "Then, why the hell are you covering DJ's mouth like you kidnapped him?"

"Uhm," Lester started. "he's scared of the dark. And nakita namin na, uhm... andyan ka pala. And yun nga, he's scared kaya he wanted to scream and we didn't wanna interrupt your date." He scratched the back of his neck using his other hand. "Yeah, that's why."

Jon nodded. He bought that one hell of a stupid, lame excuse again?

Lester finally took his stupid hand off my face again. He immediately winced and wiped the palm of his hand into his Greenday shirt. I breathed and sighed in relief once his hand gave freedom to my mouth.

"Hi, Jon." I waved my hand at him and smiled. "Hi, Kath!" I looked at the woman who was standing in the middle of darkness.

Who the hell would do that? For God's sake, all the lights were off and it was damn dark out there. Why the hell would you leave a pretty girl alone? If I were him, I would have cradled her in my arm, whispering sweet nothings to her. Jon Lucas sure do know how to treat a girl right. Note the sarcasm and just imagine me rolling my eyes.

"What?" Jon asked.

I raised one of my eyebrows at him. "I said hi to Kath, is there something wrong?"

Then he bent down, covered his mouth with his hand and...

Laughed.

The asshole started to laugh.

I swear to God if he does not stop I'm gonna punch him in the guts.

"What the fuck is funny?" I asked, making emphasis on the word funny to show that I am beyond pissed.

He shook his head and walked towards us. I thought he was coming to say some words or something like that, but I was wrong.

He walked pass me and bent down as he reached for something.