HG29. Love

Chapter Twenty Nine

I'm thinking about how people fall in love in mysterious ways.

Is it possible to fall in love with in a blink of an eye? Or to think of forever in a heartbeat?

I may say that I love someone, or I am in love with someone.... but something bothers me inside.

Do I really know what love is?

Love. Love is probably when you are home alone on your free day, and you're thinking about a person when you can just sleep or eat or treat yourself for a day. Like, you know, even when you're busy or something, you'll always find a way to save a few moments just to think of that person.

Or maybe love is all about doing things that you, yourself, don't even know that you could. Maybe love's all about patience. Or it could be maybe about efforts and sacrifices.

Love is being drunk. By drunk, I mean, intoxicated by that person who means a lot to you. Intoxicated with the thought of being together.

Love is when you listen to one particular song, and it just reminds you of someone who really means a lot to you.

Love can do the stupid-est thing in the world, but a person, who is drunk with the idea of love, wouldn't care less. Heck, it's true love when you let a person distract you from work, specifically making you miss two big offers slash meetings slash deals but you would still not care.

Love is letting a person touch your hair, even when you despise the thought of someone's fingertips on your hair. Or letting you touch the radio of your beloved car.

Heck, love is letting yourself be dragged into different stores just to shop.

Love could possibly just be an idea. Maybe love isn't a feeling at all.

Love. Love. Love.

Falling in love is like rain drops falling on a tin roof. You know all so suddenly. Malalaman mo agad, unang patak pa lang.

How do people fall in love?

I don't exactly know how I fall in love with her. I don't know when. I don't know where. I don't know why.

But that's the best kind of love, right?

The one that has no reason, because I think that loving someone without a reason is the greatest love of all.

Remove all the cliché shit, admit it, you can never find a reason why you fell in love with a person.

Just like with Kath.

Maybe I fell for her eyes or her lips or the way she says my name or the sound of her laugh or maybe the way she rolls her eyes sarcastically when she is annoyed or probably with that cute habit of hers when she's confused (she scrunches her nose and pouts) or I may have possibly fell in love with the way she has become, the way pain revealed herself.

But who knows? I wouldn't. I don't even want to find out why I am in love with her.

I am in love with her, as simple as that.

"You may now kiss the bride."

My thoughts drifted away as everyone cheered while JC and Gabby shared their first kiss as husband and wife.

I awkwardly cheered and clapped my hand, pretending that I actually paid attention to the ceremony.

The wedding ended. Just like that. I didn't even listen. I was so preoccupied with the thought of love.

Okay, maybe I am busy staring at Kath. Damn, she's beautiful, I already know that. But today, she made me stare at her in awe as if she's a goddess - well, she is my goddess after all. Maybe it's because of the pastel colored long gown she is wearing today, or the way her hair is done simply, or her smile that could probably cure all the diseases in the world. I don't know, but she is really beautiful today. Not that she's not beautiful everyday - believe me, she is - but something about her today made her extra extra extra more beautiful.