HG36. Trouble

Chapter Thirty Six

"What do you mean they're dating?!" Anikka hollered. "Kath never mentioned it to us!"

"Why the heck would she tell you about her lovelife?" Seth asked, popping a couple of M&M's into his mouth.

"Because we're friends, stupid." Daezen, who was busy with her phone, answered Seth's question for Anikka.

"Uhm," Lester trailed off. "nakalimutan niyo yata na she was gone for seven years. Do you think she still trusts you completely the same way she trusted you before?"

"I don't think so." Seth stated. "Ibang Kath yung kilala niyo noon."

"So, are you saying that she changed?" Mae asked with her eyebrows furrowed. "Gago na kayo? She's still the same old Kath. Maybe a little bit fiercer, mas palaban at mas magaling magtago ng feelings, but she's still the same old Kathryn."

"Then, why the hell would she fuck with DJ's feelings?" Katsumi asked.

"Oh, the irony." Anikka smirked. "Didn't DJ mess with her feelings seven years ago?"

I stared at Anikka. She was right. I couldn't agree less.

"Anikka!" Seth called her name like she has done something wrong, when in fact, she was just stating the truth.

"What?" She asked. "You know that I've always got your back, right DJ?" She asked me and I nodded in response. "But seven years does not change the fact that you messed with her feelings."

"So anong sinasabi mo?" Katsumi asked. "That Kath really is playing with his feelings?"

"That she's here for revenge?" Lester asked.

Anikka shrugged. "Wala akong sinasabing ganyan ha."

"Eh ano?" Her boyfriend asked.

"I'm saying that, maybe, everything that's happening is the universe' backfire for DJ's shitty attitude back then." She shrugged, as if what she said was obvious.

"Can you guys shut it? DJ looks so uncomfortable na." Daezen whined, with her eyes glued on her phone. "Why don't you just let him find out by himself?"

"Do you think we're here kung kaya niyang mag-isa?" Mae asked.

"Of course, hindi niya kaya. He's still the coward DJ, after all." Anikka added.

"Wow, best friends in the universe." I sarcastically remarked. "Awesome way to make me feel better, guys. Thanks a whole damn lot."

"You're welcome." Anikka smiled sarcastically.

"Seth," I called Seth, who seems to be too scared to argue with his girlfriend. "your girlfriend is being mean to me."

Seth laughed. "Push mo lang, babe. Okay lang, di ako magagalit." He encouraged Anikka. She laughed then poked her tongue out for me.

I sighed and pouted. "All of you are mean."

"We're just trying to help you out." Mae added.

"I miss Gabby." Daezen stated out of nowhere - reminder that she's still busy with her phone playing a stupid Kim Kardashian game.

"Yeah." Anikka agreed. "Bakit kasi kailangang isang buwan ang honeymoon nila. Dapat one week lang."

"Let them be." Katsumi stated. "Siguro, sawa na sa atin yung mga yun. They want to get away from us." He joked.

"Oh well," Lester shrugged. "College pa lang tayo, naplano na ni JC yung honeymoon nila. Hayaan niyo na."

I laughed with Lester's statement.