Let the Training begin - 2

The sun was just about to rise above the forest line as we sat in the gym waiting for everyone to arrive. My men looked tired and still sort of asleep, but woke up as soon as we heard footsteps coming towards us from outside. Our gym was connected to a large open area near the forest and only closed with folds, which were already folded together to let the cool morning air get in. "Follow me" Tae said as soon as she came into sight and turned right back around. We got up and trailed behind her who the heck does she think I am to tail her like a pup?! I thought, getting angry again. She stood before us with the same looking clothes she wore the other day, heavy combat boots, loose trousers and a shirt. She had another one of those black bags strapped to her leg again. "This week will be to discover your status in human form, next week will be about your wolf form" she started to explain, having her hands behind her back, standing as still as a statue.

"We will start with a morning run each morning to improve your overall fitness and endurance. Today will be your mark for the following days, which means you are to try to improve from day to day. According to your reach today and the improvement over the week I will be able to distinguish a proper training plan. Don't think you can fool me and not give your best today to improve more" she said and looked directly into my eyes as if she knew I had just been thinking that "I hope each and every one of you had at least some water to drink to rehydrate after the night, if not, do so now, this will be the last time I remind you like little pups" she added and turned, kneeling down to a small box. I was angry, but had to admit I forgot to drink and had found it too early to eat. Feeling even angrier with the slight shame, I walked to my locker and took out a bottle of juice to drink some.

"That little..." my voice trailed off as I shut my locker with more force than necessary and send into the group link We're gonna show that bitch just how much we can do they agreed, but Clemens replied in private be careful, remember how fast she was in human form, we shouldn't underestimate her his eyes were earnest, but I was too angry to take his thoughts into consideration. "Each of you is to mark the point at which you need to stop your run and start walking with their initials" she threw small pieces of chalk at us "after reaching that point you will either continue on to reach back here or turn around. I have marked the point of no return with a yellow stake at the right side, you won't miss it" she instructed.

"The way is simple and once you are on the path it is almost impossible to lose it" she added. "Go" she said, turned and began in a quick paced jog. We ran after her, out of our training fields and into the woods onto a path, just wide enough for one person to run comfortably without dodging branches. I was in first position just behind her, my trainers way lighter on the wooden floor than her heavy boots, why would anyone run in those? I thought I heard it is a must in the star warrior troops since they wear those wherever they go Mark answered through the mind link Whatever I replied and we continued Running.

The first half an hour was easy for all of us, after that thoughts of complained and exhaustion started to fill the group link DO NOT GIVE UP I roared into the mind connection I'm sorry Marvin Jonathan thought and I saw an image of his initials on a stone flash into the mind link, I had lost any hearing connection to him long ago. My team was spread out in the woods due to the fast pace Tae was still holding to perfection, not having lost her rhythm once. Finally I saw a yellow stake at the right side and send to image to my team, to encourage them to push harder.
Those who felt like being able to run for some more time cheered, even though most had given up to follow Tae's pace already. The last kilometres were hard, but having her foot steps in my ears and her back in my sight, I pushed hard to follow her until reaching the pack house and the gym. I tried to keep my cool, but collapsed onto the bench near my locker and reached for the juice bottle. I felt her eyes on me, but as I looked up, she had gone again, her footsteps speeding away, way faster than before. She had been training all her life... I can't compare myself to her I thought and gulped down some juice. One after the other members of my team stumbled into the gym and searched for something to drink, some even collapsing onto the ground, most of them had just slowed down and kept to a slower pace for the rest of the run. It took about half an hour for the last to arrive, accompanied by Tae. She didn't look pleased at all, but I guess she just had a resting bitch face.