23 - finale

17 years later, on the anniversary of the events that haunt brendon and amber to this day.

"brendon?" i called out across the house, my husband coming into the kitchen. he hung up his plaque, showing his band, panic! at the disco, had gotten yet another platinum song.

he smiled, kissing me softly on the lips as he played guns n' roses on the radio, twirling me around our kitchen.

just as we were going to continue our dancing, our daughter came into view as she ran down the stairs.

"mom?" she asked. she had long hair that was a light brown color, and brown eyes like her dads. she dressed like i did when i was her age (16), now wearing grey skinny jeans and a tank top.

"yes, rose?" i asked her, brendon standing behind me with a smile.

"there's this party me and allie got invited to" she said, playing nervously with her fingers. "i was practicing bass all day, i just really wanted to get out of the house." she said.

"where is it?" i asked her calmly.

"uh" she checked her phone, "420 tyler drive?" she asked.

brendon and i's faces dropped. our daughter knew nothing about the events that happened 17 years ago today.

"sit down honey" we ushered rose to the couch, about to tell her why she wasn't to leave the house all night, and never set foot on tyler drive or any of their parties.

"we have something to tell you, about why you can't go to that party" brendon said, looking at his daughter who was nearly a spitting female image of him.

"why?" she asked, she never was a fighter. she listened to what we told her, we were thankful she wasn't like us when we were her age.

"well..it's kind of a funny story. how much do you know about cults?"

the end.