1

"not a dime i cant pay my rent i can barely make it through the week" brendon sang, swinging his leather jacket covered arm around a pole as he jumped down from the second floor of the bar/concert hall.

"saturday night id like to make my girl, but right now i cant make ends meet!" i sang back, placing my school bag on the table.

"im always workin' slavin' every day. gotta get a break from the same old same old. i need a chance just to get away, if you could hear me think, this is what id say!" brendon sang back with a happy look on his face, grabbing my black nail polished hands and swinging them back and forth.

"dont need nothin' but a good time-"

"BRENDON! AMBER!" my dad screamed from the bar.

"yes, john?" brendon asked, walking over and sitting on the bar top. he always called my dad by his real name, we're all that close.

you're probably wondering where we are.

its the 80's and my best friend brendon and i are at the Bourbon room, the #1 (and only) rock club here. its smack dab in the middle of las vegas. it was pretty run down, but we loved it. we just happened to be there super early considering our fathers, best friends since middle school, co owned it.

"brendon, your dad is doing some deals with bands so im taking you two to school. okay?" he asked as we got our bags.

"bet you cant tie a cherry stem with your tongue" i said, grabbing a cherry and popping it in my mouth as i sat next to him on the bar top.

"oh youre on, bitch!" brendon said, popping a cherry in his mouth, making funny faces as he tried to tie it.

"i mean it guys! come on!" my dad said, making us hop off the bar.

as soon as we pulled up to our old beat up nevada school, brendon and i rushed into the hallway. we're always late.

"hey, amb?" he asked right before we were parting ways for two different classes.

"yeah?" i asked, turning around

he stuck out his tongue, revealing a tied cherry stem

-

"what does it mean, again?" i asked brendon when we were in math, pulling my long brown hair up in a ponytail.

"mrs. giovanni" the math teacher said, a cruel smile on her face.

"shit" i muttered.

"yes?" i asked as innocently as possible

"answer the question." the teacher said, leaning against the board

"i-i uh" i said, playing with my hands nervously

"you dont know?" the teacher asked, an amused smile on her face.

"n-no. sorry" i mumbled

"well mrs. giovanni. you know why you dont know? because your heads always in the clouds. playing that little guitar of yours wont get you anywhere, kid. stupid" the teacher said, then continuing her lesson.

brendon was fuming, his hands balled into tight fists.

"brendon its fine" i muttered

"no its fucking not" he said, his hands shaking with anger

"brendon boyd urie, its fine!" i practically screamed as the bell went off. thank god it was our last class of the day

i shoved everything messily in my backpack, grabbing brendon by the arm and dragging us both out of the school.

"come on" i said, pulling him in the direction of the bourbon room.

"she cant just call you stupid!" brendon exclaimed.

"im used to it, cmon urie"

-

it was now six o clock, brendon and i were in my bedroom and he was lazily spread across my bed, playing with my cat, cooper. hes named after the legend himself, alice cooper. our dads were downstairs discussing new ideas for the burbon room and it was the first night of the week i hadnt spent there (its friday)

"yanno the party tonight sounds fun ambs. right, coop?" brendon said, cooper happily purring.

"brendon we're already losers, why go to a party where theyd just ignore us?" i asked, turning around in my spinny chair.

"ah, shit" i said, getting up and standing next to brendon on my bed as i retaped my bret michaels poster.

"come on amberrrrr" he whined, wrapping his arms around my legs.

i rolled my eyes, shaking him off as i grabbed my guitar and sat next to him,
"if i wanna become alice coopers next big guitarist i cant just sit around and go to lame parties!"

"you practiced all night! you can handle a party!" brendon said, taking my guitar out of my hands and putting it back in its proper place.

he got up, going into my closet and grabbing clothes he had always kept at my house, shamelessly stripping down to his underwear.

"skank!" i jokingly screamed, whipping a pillow at him.

he laughed, throwing his grey sweatpants at me as he slipped on tight black jeans and a white t shirt, along with his converse.

i felt my cheeks heat up, my eyes widening in embarrassment.

"here" brendon said, whipping a black cropped shirt and some grey ripped jeans at me.

"brendon" i said, dragging out the N.

"this is not something i should be wearing out!" I said, my eyebrows raised as i examined the shirt that used to belong to my cousin. it was a piece of black cloth and the rest of the shirt was black criss crossed string to hold it up, a strip of my stomach would definitely be exposed.

"just do it" he said, shrugging.

i rolled my eyes, signaling for him to turn around as i put the outfit on.

"i look ridiculous" i say, crossing my arms as he turns around.

"nah, you look hot. lets roll!"

and like that, brendon walked out of my room.

a/n
BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH ANOTHER FIC! this one is special to me. amber is based off of me as a person and ive always wanted to make a character like me, so here she is! :)  thanks for all the love and support as always and i hope you enjoy this one! its a goodie!